Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today about 5.00 I'm on my way home along the A47 in Peterborough. Inside lane is doing about 59.9mph, outside lane is doing 60mph as a UPS van is in the outside and cleat limited.

Anyway, outside lane goes UPS van, car, car. All travelling safely.

Then a Police car pulls on to the dual carriageway, immediately pulls into the outside lane and sits behind the end car. It managed about 45 seconds before on go the lights and sirens, the two cats pull in, the UPS van pulls in, the police car tears past. As soon as it clears the back up of traffic in maybe 20 seconds, lights off, sirens off, carries in at 70.

I'm sure many people will say there was clearly an emergency that resolved itself in 20 seconds, but I tend towards police abuse of powers.

I wish I owned a dash camera it was so blatant!

Any thoughts?

Just saying, AE14 CZB - marked white BMW estate - tut tut.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Possible 'The Shout' was cancelled, units possibly attended and did not need any assistance. If you hit the 'blues and twos' I think it has to be logged.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to believe that, but 5.00pm and the slip the police car took was straight back to the main Police Station! :rubchin:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Three lanes of traffic in a NSA zone? Limit should be 70, if you're all doing 60 I'd be flashing my lights to get the traffic out the way too.

Although if marked as 60... Eh, not the end of the world

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Three lanes of traffic in a NSA zone? Limit should be 70, if you're all doing 60 I'd be flashing my lights to get the traffic out the way too.

Although if marked as 60... Eh, not the end of the world

Two lanes at national so 70.

The UPS van was at bang on 60, I guess limited, overtaking a car doing 59.9mph the overtake was like two lorries going for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts