Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I saw a very nice black 156 Selespeed wagon this evening in the Plympton area of Plymouth with an Alfaowner sticker in the rear window - prompted me to register here as I've had a 156 since last October.
My 156 is a Rosso 1.8 Veloce on a 52 plate which is my contribution to the family's sensible wheels (my other car is an Elise and the missus has an A3).
The 156 is my third Alfa, having owned a Sud ti waaaaaay back in my youth and a 145 in the mid 90s. As an interesting, enjoyable and characterful daily driver (unless the sun is shining which is Elise weather!) the 156 has more than met my expectations and reminded me once again why manufacturers like Alfa need to have a place in today's market of increasingly bland cars (and that includes you, BMW!).
There are four car marques I've always covetted: Lotus, Alfa, Maserati and Jaguar. I'm not sure I'll ever tick the Maser box off (the running costs scare me silly) but I've been lucky enough to enjoy owning good examples of all the others.
Just thought I'd add my two young daughters (4 and 7) much prefer Daddy's Alfa to Mum's Audi and they've reluctantly accepted we can't all squeeze into the Elise:lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Hi all.
I saw a very nice black 156 Selespeed wagon this evening in the Plympton area of Plymouth with an Alfaowner sticker in the rear window - prompted me to register here as I've had a 156 since last October.
My 156 is a Rosso 1.8 Veloce on a 52 plate which is my contribution to the family's sensible wheels (my other car is an Elise and the missus has an A3).
The 156 is my third Alfa, having owned a Sud ti waaaaaay back in my youth and a 145 in the mid 90s. As an interesting, enjoyable and characterful daily driver (unless the sun is shining which is Elise weather!) the 156 has more than met my expectations and reminded me once again why manufacturers like Alfa need to have a place in today's market of increasingly bland cars (and that includes you, BMW!).
There are four car marques I've always covetted: Lotus, Alfa, Maserati and Jaguar. I'm not sure I'll ever tick the Maser box off (the running costs scare me silly) but I've been lucky enough to enjoy owning good examples of all the others.
Just thought I'd add my two young daughters (4 and 7) much prefer Daddy's Alfa to Mum's Audi and they've reluctantly accepted we can't all squeeze into the Elise:lol:
The black SW was mine :D, welcome to AO Eliser :wave:

If i had seen you i would have waved, i have a feeling i was taking my son into town at the time

My daughter prefers my Spider to the 156 but my son likes the novelty of the flappy paddle of the 156. the Spider is too posey for him :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts