Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Got a few probs. since we moved in here, and found.1. A big round pebble was stopping the rising main washer and seat from shutting off. 2. Teeny bits of grit under both toilet conical valves. 3. Large plasterboard galvanised nail rattling about in the central heating pump. 4.No air in the expansion vessel in the combi. circuit AL knows about this one.5. No isolator taps on both supplies to the kitchen sink, maybe this is how they are supposed to be?:(: But, a new water meter on the pavement, operated with a long yellow plastic key, so up with the flap,turn the supply off and sort the rest item by item!!:mad: PS There are more, but not to Bore!!:D

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
If they are rubber washered, seat, type taps, an angled seat cutter soon cleans them up, and then quality sealing washers from a reliable source, Not your B an' Stews, or others like,.:): Easy fix.:):

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Guess KG and I may talk ceramics tomorrow. So that about winds this weekend come, and tomorrow, well if it's dry, plenty to do, if not, back to the zoo. Nite, DIY plumbers Inc.:): My posts get Oh! so mixed and chopped' so as it comes as it comes, n more reruns.:D:D

E

·
0 Posts
Well, bad karma for me. The disc tap in the downstairs crapola has stopped working today. :)

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes.... it's me again :rolleyes:

Just replaced a radiator...

So why is it that you buy an identical sized radiator only to discover the lugs that hold it on the wall are in a totally different position to the old one.

Then you discover that the plumber who fitted the old one didn't leave any free play on the pipes. :mad:

So a simple refit turns into a measurement nightmare to make sure the pipes align correctly.... :rolleyes:

Still I guess it would be too much to ask, of such an industry, that it should standardise anything so simple :mad:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts