Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend alternative plugs for a 155 1.8 16valve twin spark? Normally sensibly priced factor quoted £80 for replacement NGKs. :eek:

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
I think you're lumbered old son. They're platinum tipped I think and supposed to last 72,000 miles. And you need 8 of them.

EBay seems to have the odd set of new Alfa plugs being sold on it.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
NGK's are the ones ;) e-bay sells sets for about £50ish and i've picked up a set for sub £40 but that was knowing the right people ;) unfortunately I can't offer you the same but seek and ye shall find ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. M8 has changed the big ones (don't know what he used) at a sensible price from Halfords (of all places!) but without affecting the stalling while cold phenomenon.......

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
That's as expected. Idling is more likely to be affected by the MAF, Lambada or temperature sensors, than the plugs.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ralf S. said:
That's as expected. Idling is more likely to be affected by the MAF, Lambada or temperature sensors, than the plugs.

Ralf S.
or the idle control valve ;) which can be cleaned with a bit of carb cleaner :D

Mind you when I cleaned mine it didnt do anything for me even though loads of nastyness came out. lol

I'd say you will know if its the MAF, but only if the car is sluggish on acceleration throughout the range. You will know the difference if you've had a decent running engine once ;)

Hum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts