Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get done for speeding on 1-10-13, 3 points and £60 fine for doing 36 in a 30....... anyway yesterday I still haven't had my licences back from police so phoned up central ticketing office and after I gave them my details they said I should of been fined £100 :( but was also told that there is a problem with the supporting paperwork and they would ring me back..........they rang back today and told me the police have not filled out some paper work correctly and I will not be getting any points and my £60 back........the police are useless :lol:

·
Registered
17,172 Posts
Lucky escape.

I wonder what time the moral majority are going to clock on and be outraged?

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Lucky escape.

I wonder what time the moral majority are going to clock on and be outraged?
It's in the AO rules to flame speeders & in this situation, the OP must donate the error to the fluffy kitten society:rolleyes:

:):lol:

Lucky & well done. Put the cash saved on lottery tickets:thumbs:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the police just hung speeders from the nearest lamppost this kind of injustice would never happen. :rant:

:)
Because you have never exeded the speed limit :tut:........instead of the police hanging those who speed to lamposts perhaps they should learn to fill a simple form out correctly then there would be no injustice...I wascaught speeding in a rural road it was a long straight no junctions bends houses etc......not in a built up area!!!!!!

·
Registered
38,222 Posts
The bottom bit of the quote - ":)" was the bit telling you that it was not a serious comment.

Chill out. The rabid anti-speed crew aren't here yet ;)

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Well I wasn't being entirely serious as the :) indicated but this reply is.

It really hacks me off that people come on here crowing about how they broke the law, got caught & then escaped punishment. They obviously expect everybody to cheer along, tell them how wonderful they are & to keep going. But when somebody suggests that maybe that is not a good thing suddenly they have to try to justify what they were doing. "it was a quiet road" "early in the morning nobody would be around" etc.

You did the crime, take the punishment & if you got away with it lucky old you. But don't expect everybody to give you a pat on the back.

G

·
Well I wasn't being entirely serious as the :) indicated but this reply is.

It really hacks me off that people come on here crowing about how they broke the law, got caught & then escaped punishment. They obviously expect everybody to cheer along, tell them how wonderful they are & to keep going. But when somebody suggests that maybe that is not a good thing suddenly they have to try to justify what they were doing. "it was a quiet road" "early in the morning nobody would be around" etc.

You did the crime, take the punishment & if you got away with it lucky old you. But don't expect everybody to give you a pat on the back.
I'm with you.

We've all done it and no doubt we all have got away with it more often than when we've been caught.

Crowing about it, but more stupidly, having a pop at "plonker Plod" rather than just as SR says putting one's hands up and saying "nice one, had a bit of a lucky touch there" really makes me think poorly of the OP.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.............I still think its funny people getting on their high horse's, like they have never exeeded the speed limit or broken any traffic laws...

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
.............I still think its funny people getting on their high horse's, like they have never exeeded the speed limit or broken any traffic laws...
I am suprised that you were told that 36 in a 30 zone meant a £100 fine, it would merely have got you a speed awareness course in Humberside (exceeded by 10%+2 to 10%+6 are the limits). Are you sure it wasn't 46 in a 30?

It's not that we haven't exceeded the speed limit, which is, by the way, breaking a traffic law, but that we tend not to be proud of the fact and boast of having got off on a technicality.

Points on a licence should not, in my opinion, be considered as a badge of glory, nor should getting off on a technicality

·
Registered
39,616 Posts
I think most here have responded by addressing the OP himself rather than commenting on how he is "stupid"to the rest of us .

1 - 20 of 62 Posts