Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying a 159sw this year and will be shipping 3 to 4 kids about in it most days so my question is do they have plenty of room? The 159 will Defo be a diesel.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i can easily get 3 child seats in mine + an adult and enough room in the boot for kidz stuff,
but i dont like having them in the car because they make a mess!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm never keen on my kids in my 156 now as everytime I clean the inside it ends up covered in feet marks on seats etc :cheese:

·
Registered
699 Posts
Cobratwin is that 3 seats in the back? Going to change from a 147 to fit 3 kids in the back and wa assuming that 3 seats would be a pain. Although I think the seat is flatter in the post 08 estates from looking at pictures??

·
Registered
282 Posts
yes m8 3 seats in the back, the angle of the back seats is imo a little odd (07 version) but the child seats fit fine
Or get a nice big dog cage flatten the seats down and bobs ur uncle no mess to worry, also the added feature the kidz are kept amused for hours trying to work out how to get of the cage.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I doubt very much that I'd get an extra car seat between our two. I think it depends a LOT on which car seats you have. We have a group 1 Maxi-Cosi Priorifix (Isofix) and it protudes into the middle seat. I'd suggest non-ISOfix seats allow you to fit them slightly closer to the doors thus allowing room in the middle.

Ian A.

·
Registered
178 Posts
how tall are you chris? I'm 6'3 and the mrs struggles to fit in the rear seat behind me (baby goes in passenger seat & the toddler behind that). I'm sure there are bigger boots on similar sector cars as the 159 isn't massive but may be ample for your requirements?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 5 10 mate so not massive so I might be ok plus couple of my kids are just on booster seats.

·
Registered
178 Posts
sweet, reckon you should be OK, see if you can check that the booster seats will all fit across the rear bench prior to finding out the hard way!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I doubt very much that I'd get an extra car seat between our two. I think it depends a LOT on which car seats you have. We have a group 1 Maxi-Cosi Priorifix (Isofix) and it protudes into the middle seat. I'd suggest non-ISOfix seats allow you to fit them slightly closer to the doors thus allowing room in the middle.

Ian A.
I've also two Maxi-cosi in the back and my slim 11 year old boy can just about fit between them in the back, though he has to go in before the seat and its defo not comfortable for a long journey.

Also lifting the little ones in is an art form as my better half has a Xsara Picasso (like a VAN!), so the difference is a bit obvious.

Plenty of boot space and the dog can just about jump in even though the lip is a tad high (OK so sometimes he gives up and I have to lift him in!). I've got roof rails and a roof box which I'd recommend for longer journeys especially when you're full people (inc. little peeps) loaded,...

·
Registered
93 Posts
With boosters you might be ok - I'm getting rid of mine because with a mamas & papas baby seat on an isofix base there is room in the passenger seat for only someone of small stature, and being 6'3 I have the seat a long way back to drive which leaves my 5'10 wife squeezed behind me. It's intolerable and if we had another child would be impossible. Also once the chassis and pram body are in the boot, that's pretty much it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
it is very tight. with our baby seat (group 1) behind the passenger rear seat, my wife is practically kissing the windscreen and she's only 5' 8" tall. No chance of putting any thing behind me as i'm 6'5" tall. The Mrs Toyota Auris is more spacious internally than the SW albeit it has a very small boot. And to think i changed from the GT for more space.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts