Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a "heads up", a bit wordy but please stay with it!:) full details on March 14th

All, on Sunday the 28th of march 2010 we intend to do our very best to raise funds for Lewis Mighty, Lewis has sadly been diagnosed with Neuroblastoma, he is not yet 5 years old,victims of Neuroblastoma have only a 20% survival rate in europe, in the USA treatment is available that will increase Lewis's chance of survival to over 80%, 300k is needed to pay for this treatment, 133k has already been raised.

We intend to hold a treasure hunt (by car), you will be given 5 locations in derbyshire which you need to navigate to, at each location you will have to find the answer to a question (locations/questions to be posted on the forum closer to the date), when you have the answer you travel to the next location and so on until we all meet up at the final location, the hunt should take around 3 hours, the answers will then be marked and the winner will get a free oil change plus 1 litre top up at Alfa Technico, Alfa technico have kindly donated this prize, there will be other prizes to be announced later, it is £5.00 per car to enter and it is payable on the day when we meet at the last location of the hunt, it will be a great event for the ALFA owners that attend but more importantly the money raised will go to the "Lewis Mighty Fund",please see link below, please RSVP on the events forum, thank you msgtv.
The Lewis Mighty Fund - Home
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like a worthy cause to me. thread stickied :thumbs:
Thanks Al,yes when you look at the fact that the boys chances increase from just 20% to over 80% with the correct treatment it's something that we have to help with,and it'll be a great day out, hopefully posting full details tomorrow evening, driving route tomorrow afternoon (prize fund just grew to free oil change plus 2 bottles of wine).
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top