Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello :)

My door is currently 90% apart and im stuck!!
I have the problem where my window goes down only a few inches at a time. Ive got to the point where i dont know how to get the metal door panel out where the elctric motor is attached. My main problem is that i dont know how to seperate the motor from my window :confused:

Any help would be great!!!!

Rob :mad:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello again, ive solved the last problem :) , the motor is loose and even with no load it keeps tripping out, does anyone know what could be the problem? Im tempted to buy a new motor but im worried it wont solve the problem? anyone had experiance with this problem before? and do you know what the problem was?
:confused:

Thanks Very Much!!

My poor 155's door is all in bits :(

Cheers guys

Rob :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Rob,

I've had mine to bits as well. In my case it was a ham-fisted Alfa dealer mechanic who didn't secure the polythene sheet inside the door correctly. This got pulled into the motor and fried it. They said it wasn't them - sod off.

So, if i remember correctly its a little motor about the size of a coke can that screws a bendy metal rod through a tube and shoves the window up and down. The end of the motor that does the screwing comes apart, inside there you'll find several little ball bearings that run in a channel inside it. Very carefully take these out and clean it all up. You'll need a piece of wire to poke them out with. While it's off check that the rod moves freely along the tube, if not sort it so that it does, grease up the bearings and re-insert them all. It's very fiddly and better done on the bench/kitchen table so that you don't loose anything. Alternatively a Fiat Tipo unit from a breakers yard is EXACTLY the same. Well it was on mine anyway - '97 16V.

Have fun

Hugh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks hugh!

I found a fiat breakers just down the road and they had one straight away! only wanted £10!!
Window is now all fixed and back together!

Thanks again :D

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys didn't happen to notice if the front door central locking unit is also the same on the Tipo did you?

I've just spent £65 this morning ordering one from Alfa for my '97 P 2L TS 16V, as there are no scrappies near me (Fife, Scotland) that ever have 155's. I know some Fiat & Alfa parts are the same, but without knowing which you, well... don't know.
I might have to replace the front passenger mechanism in a while as well, so I'd be interested to hear if they are the same.

Does anyone have a list of Alfa 155 parts that are the same as those on Fiat models - that would be handy as there's more chance of finding one in the scrappies or getting a (cheaper) aftermarket part.

Cheers, Honkytonk.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Honkytonk,

Sorry, I got my Tipo motor off the shelf at our local scrapies so didn't see the original Tipo. It wouldn't surprise me though, it's this type of thing Fiat/Alfa often re-use across different models.

Cheers

Hugh.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts