·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I had a oil leak from the tapered cover on my 147
So I got a new gasket da brand is victor reinz..I saw that it was
Very thin compared to the original 1 which is very thick.put it
On but now the oil is leaking bad out of the conners..what should
I do..try n get the original but where from..PLEASE HELP..

·
Regional Representative, For South Africa - AO-SA
5,467 Posts
Dealer..... take your VIN number, call the closest dealer, and get a new gasket.....
ALternatively get it from AK components...... 011 708 7234 They are in Kaya Sands

Where are you based ? AK will ship the part to you

BTW , its a Tappet cover.
The Victor Reinz stuff is top quality.....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did buy a new 1..the victor reinz gasket but it still leaks..do you think the original gasket is best..I am from durban chatsworth..n oh thanks, now I know tappet

·
Registered
274 Posts
It is the wrong gasket,the one they supplied you. It is for the Aluminum cover not the plastic like yours.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Alfadog, I was going to say what Cuzz said. There are two tappet covers: The previous generation (145/146 and 155's) had aluminium tappet covers but the newer generation Alfas have plastic tappet covers. They gave you the gasket for one of the aluminium covers. You need the gasket for the plastic tappet cover. They will rarely leak after replacement.

Try the agents, they will be more pricey but you will (most probably) get the right gasket set :thumbs: (PS: I once waited 3 weeks for a gasket set for my V6 from the agents!)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys..this was a big help..I feel way beta now knowin its da wrong gasket
Because I tawt I did something wrong n it was gona reali cost me..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Thanks a lot guys..this was a big help..I feel way beta now knowin its da wrong gasket
Because I tawt I did something wrong n it was gona reali cost me..
Ah, the joy's of owning a 147.

Alfadog, please make sure that the cam and balance belts on that car have been changed in the last 60,000 KM's. Please, please please. It's absolutely essential or it is REALLY going to COST!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 4letting me know..I'm from durban..where do I get da gasket from..some guys
Say agents..if I could get some contact details 4 these alfa agents..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts