Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Sorry for the panicked message. I just got the old air intake and box out of the car, and broke a clip in the process...not really a problem as I don't want to put it back in, but I do need the new one to go in before it gets dark out.

In what direction is the GTA intake meant to fit? It's sort of a different angle to the old one, and i'm not sure where to face the intake hole towards, and where to attach it to the chassis.

Please help me, I'm buggered if I don't have the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Face the intake pipe upwards and the entry hole to just below the headlight ... there's a intake area between the lamp unit and bumper.

This is the airbox with a V6 pipe attached and roughly in the right angle pic-Link. I may have had to swivel it a bit when back in the car ... (no it doesn't go back in in one piece!)

Worse case ... leave the pipe off tomorrow but stay away from puddles!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that Gary, I have it all up and going now...

To be honest I'm not really sure there's that much of a difference apart from it sounds a bit nicer, though I am glad that big plastic box is no longer in there. Oh well hopefully I'll notice the difference on the motorway or something.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
MIne definitely felt a bit more responsive to the throttle. And it sounds much better around 3-4000, although after that it goes quiet again! (I've got the older V6 pipe and plan to change to the GTA in the near future).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts