Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm after some help if possible.
I have recently brought a 147 1.6 ts 03 petrol and the alternator went on it. I've always wanted to learn more about cars so decided to change it myself.
Managed to take half the car apart following a step by step guide and changed it. On putting it back together one of the rubber 'o' rings on one of the injectors split so I managed to get a whole bar with injectors from a local scrap yard for a £10 so just replaced it all. Now everything is back together I started the car and I have no acceleration? When I put my foot on the clutch the Rev count goes up slightly but nothing when I put my foot on the accelerator? I also have the motor control system failure warning. Is there anything obvious that I may have done before I book it in to the garage?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
make sure you take the plugs off including the throttle body and refit them just tio make sure.

then remove the positive from battery and touch it to the cars earth and leave it off for 40 mins then refit it and try again.

if that doesnt work there is a throttle reset procedure which i will try and find while your doing the battery

·
Registered
227 Posts
How long was the donor car standing still? Injector get clugged when not working you now. Put some injector cleaner in your petrol tank and see if it gets better

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think you're going to need to read the codes that caused the MCSF light to come on, else waste a lot of time guessing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah got a code reader coming tomorrow so will see what it says and then ask for more help lol. Thanks for everyone's help so far

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also I have wiggled all connections that I have touch and now if I put my foot on the clutch and accelerater I can Rev the engine but as soon as I take my foot off the clutch the accelerater does nothing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts