Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Berlin
My Bella 166 2,0 Ts is ill [ sick ]
Now in English because I use this on various Platforms.
My car won’t start . It shows the Code symbol and the rev counter begins to hop... look at the small video..
I’ve just checked all connections, battery, relays and fuses.. all seems to be okay

Has someone out there a suggestion? I need my beloved car badly... please!!!

Thanks for reading and watching

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to mention... car runs perfect over the past years... till yesterday when I parked. I’ve tried to read the obd codes with Multiecu... connection to ecu not possible
Wich worked in the past

·
Registered
267 Posts
I forgot to mention... car runs perfect over the past years... till yesterday when I parked. I’ve tried to read the obd codes with Multiecu... connection to ecu not possible
Wich worked in the past
Hi, I had exact same problem. Earth lead on battery was dirty and loose. Because you're drawing so much power when you try to engage the starter motor, it's too much for your bad connection. Check this first. Else, I would check connections to starter motor.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Once you have checked that the battery connections are clean and tight, you could try connecting up a well charged jump battery to see what happens. It could be a failed battery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your support... yes the earth connection to battery was bad...th clamp was 50%broken.. sorted this out.. is now new and fresh.. tried even another Battery... no luck.. the relay for fueling and ignition are Stil clicking... there must be an earth connection on the right side between engine and chassis... that’s the last I didn’t look for ... all others seems to be fine
One good thing: the immobilizer is working now and accepting my keys

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Progress - good news.

The main engine earth strap does corrode under the plastic sleeve. On the V6, it is down by the forward gearbox mount, sort of under the ABS unit so a bit awkward to get at. I'd guess the TS would be similar?

As a quick test, you could connect a jump cable from the block to a good earth point on the chassis and then try it - that should confirm or eliminate the earth strap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little Update:
We towed the Car to a friends Garage... while towing I was able to get the Engine run... OMG not as good as it belongs to her .. but she lives... starting alone is still not possible

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So ... Problem solved ... it was in fact a bad earth connection. At fist look and after a few more there looked intact... but then I found out... the earth cable from engine to chassis was broken inside ... .. now with a new one car runs as strong as it should be.. thanks for attention
Wishing a good Christmas for all

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
So ... Problem solved ... it was in fact a bad earth connection. At fist look and after a few more there looked intact... but then I found out... the earth cable from engine to chassis was broken inside ... .. now with a new one car runs as strong as it should be.. thanks for attention
Wishing a good Christmas for all
Delighted you got it sorted.
Happy Christmas!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts