Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few months my GT has developed a bit of a rumble with a bit of a judder or clunk on full lock, but only when cold ie when car ha not been driven a while.

I could never replicate the noise for my mechanic as it would not do it after having driven a few miles.

I've taken the car to Germany (where I currently am) where it's -10 the clunk has become very loud and will continue to do this after driving a while.

I'm a little worried as I still have 400 miles to go! Anything I should look for, avoid etc... :(

Any ideas CV joints perhaps? Any info gratefully received!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I noticed a similar thing on my 156 last week on the O/S when reversing on full lock. I know my upper wishbones on that side need replacing anyway so wonder whether that's the issue. They are being replaced tomorrow so I suppose I'll know then. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not a diff on its way out?

Getting a lil worried now!

·
Registered
431 Posts
upper wishbones maybe! I had something similar when driving over uneven road's, replaced both side's drives fine now,

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
upper wishbones maybe! I had something similar when driving over uneven road's, replaced both side's drives fine now,
I hope! Is there anything I can look at to check the condition without taking thew wheel off?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I hope! Is there anything I can look at to check the condition without taking thew wheel off?
Wouldn't know what I was looking for really, I only found out when the car was in for service,told the guy about the clunking sound and straight away said about the wishbones, as you say mainly happens in the cold weather, quite a cheap fix though,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts