Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I just install a newer version of the Infotainment module. The install went successfully. However, it is asking for a anti-thief security code. Does anyone know this code? The radio function does not work without the correct code.
This is the newer hardware module with 051 software on it.
Thanks
IMG_20190705_153211.jpg

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Hi There,
I just install a newer version of the Infotainment module. The install went successfully. However, it is asking for a anti-thief security code. Does anyone know this code? The radio function does not work without the correct code.
This is the newer hardware module with 051 software on it.
Thanks
View attachment 889137
Was it a new unit you fitted or just a software update?

If the latter, my guess is that the code required is unique to your car. If so, you have to get it from a dealer or perhaps it is in the documentation with the car.

Andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it a new unit you fitted or just a software update?

If the latter, my guess is that the code required is unique to your car. If so, you have to get it from a dealer or perhaps it is in the documentation with the car.

Andy
The ETM is from a wrecked 2018 Giulia. I instaled it to my 2017. It is starting to look like I will need to ask the dealer to help. Or if there is a software out there that will allow me to change the VIN on the ETM. That might work. I can still see the original VIN on the ETM with MultiECUScan. Also, even if I do get the Pin/Code to unlock it, will I have unlock it every time time I start the car?
Documentation with the car say if this happens, need to contact dealer. I don't believe the code was provided to the owner at delivery.

·
Premium Member
7,517 Posts
The ETM is from a wrecked 2018 Giulia. I instaled it to my 2017. It is starting to look like I will need to ask the dealer to help. Or if there is a software out there that will allow me to change the VIN on the ETM. That might work. I can still see the original VIN on the ETM with MultiECUScan. Also, even if I do get the Pin/Code to unlock it, will I have unlock it every time time I start the car?
Documentation with the car say if this happens, need to contact dealer. I don't believe the code was provided to the owner at delivery.
If it works the same as on the previous Alfa connect systems, you only need the code (which is specific to the individual infotainment box) first time you install a new/other infotainment unit or bodycomputer.
The code is exchanged between infotainment unit and bodycomputer once during installment, and stored in memory, so it is normally a one-time only thing....

With the earlier connect systems the code was either supplied with the new connect/car, or could be ordered for a price from Alfa Italy, via the dealer with the serial number of the connect, and proof of ownership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it works the same as on the previous Alfa connect systems, you only need the code (which is specific to the individual infotainment box) first time you install a new/other infotainment unit or bodycomputer.
The code is exchanged between infotainment unit and bodycomputer once during installment, and stored in memory, so it is normally a one-time only thing....

With the earlier connect systems the code was either supplied with the new connect/car, or could be ordered for a price from Alfa Italy, via the dealer with the serial number of the connect, and proof of ownership.
Great info as always. This is comforting to know. thx

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I'm also curious. I know one case when guy has asked for code for his changed radio. I know although it is paid service to provide a code (around EUR70) FCA rejected initially - it took 2-3 months and re-prompting from dealer who supported the guy so finally FCA gave the code.
We know that 2nd gen radio units are way better (responsive), and offer new functionalities. I'm considering development of the plug in device which in some way cheats the system - so HU thinks it works with car of its VIN and car things HU is of his VIN. wonder if there woudl be enough of sales to spend a time and developep such. no point to go below 100 units, as it would be too expensive to cover development/production in low series.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it’d all depend on the price you’d be selling it. But that’s something I’m sure lots of people would be interested. Specially those with 2016 to 2018 cars who are buying Eng-Custom or KAP (somewhat buggy) units to add CarPlay and Android Auto to their vehicles... what price tag where you thinking?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
EUR60-80 range I think if we talk about device where user needs to cut 2 CAN lines beside radio, solder between (4 wires), and hook up with power supply/ground to 2 other wires. If that was to be build on original plug/socket and full loom, price woudl probably be extra ~50EUR at least.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The prices don’t seem bad at all. I think that if cutting and soldering could be replaced with quick splice connectors, would keep the price low and you could have a good starting point. Assembling Cunstom-eng units isn’t easy and people are doing it. Maybe after that if effectiveness was proven, in order to reach all client types, develop the socket option.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I do not have trust in quick splice connector for longterm use, but of course it coudl be up to user to decide if he wants to use such or prefer soldering. when I get bit of breath from current developments, and new money flow from them, I will certainly look at this project as possibility.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts