Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Please help, engine stalling

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rt05492 
#1 ·
allright guys just need a bit of info from you guys.
Sidabella had a rebuild 5 months ago, the car kept on stalling when braking. garage couldnt find out what it was. so only paid them half the money. since then got a few things changed;

MAF
IDEAL ACTUATOR
CRANKSHAFT SENSOR (TWICE)

put the car on Alfa Diag
P0655 Engine Hot Lamp Output Control Circuit Malfucntion
P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance.

I clear it but it keeps coming back after a little while.

Since i got the crankshaft sensor changed the first time, the car had trouble starting. the garage left the old O ring in. so got another one. still same problem.

Car does start every now and then but stalls whilst driving. Is there any wires or anything the garage couldve damaged or loosened whilst fitting the crankshaft sensor the first time.

If Anybody can help i would really appreciate it.

I got a quote off a couple of scrap yards for the car, they offered me max £200. Dont know what to do. If no one can help me here then how much do you think i would get if i put it on fleabay.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH IN ADVANCE.

See less See more
#3 ·
Are you sure they changed the original sensor?

G
#7 ·
I also have a P0655 fault, I will let you know what the cause is when/if I find out. Not sure whether this code would put the ECU into limp home mode or not ?

By the way ;

It's definitely your MAF.

OR definitely your Lambda OR definitely your idle actuator OR definitely your crank/cam/knock/throttle sensor.

Hope that helps !

Bit of black humour to cheer you up !?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.