Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All was good until-jacked the car up on one side to cahnge wheel then washed the car for AutoItalia Day then my misery started as below.
Car started fine then died about 30 seconds later and would not start and all lights/displays not lit apart from passenger airbag light. Opened passenger door all dash then lit up and car started then was ok and drove ok. Did the same thing coming home then once home all warning lights on either full or half brilliance and MCSF on but car starts, also the heater/aircon fan is blowing full regardless of where you sst the controller. Any ideas on this problem please, I think bank holiday Monday will be spent looking at aletnative vehicle options.:cry:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
if the internal fan is always running then the reisitor pack, located near the fan in the passengers foot well is burnt out.

that probally flattened the battery...

replace it & recharge the battery, should be sorted :thumbs:

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
if the internal fan is always running then the reisitor pack, located near the fan in the passengers foot well is burnt out.
If that resistor burns out then it will either not work, or only have full speed when in a position other than off.

I think you have been a bit over exuberant with the hse pipe and have splashed the wiring loom (did you wash the engine bay?), if so then you have water shorting the body computers loom (possibly ECU too) and this will need drying out.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
If that resistor burns out then it will either not work, or only have full speed when in a position other than off.

I think you have been a bit over exuberant with the hse pipe and have splashed the wiring loom (did you wash the engine bay?), if so then you have water shorting the body computers loom (possibly ECU too) and this will need drying out.
I've diagnosied & suggested this fix for several people on various sites, & this resistor can fail in such a way that even with the key off the fan still works, ELECTRONICs can fail in may way.

it'll cost nothing to disconnect its connector to see if it stops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts