Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a HID kit the one everyone recommends. All fitted but tried to test it and now no lights (all work apart from dipped beam) and now engine management light and she will not start.. Turning over but not firing. Code lights out etc.

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Chris, check some basics first:
Are the HIDs wired in the right way round? Have you blown a fuse?

Why it isn't starting is more of a mystery, did you unplug the battery while changing the lights?

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Check the polarity on the lights (I had this problem too).

Also check battery conections, battery power, and fuses.

In reality I cant see anyway plugging some HIDS in will cause an engine management lights and a failure to start - unless they are cheap crap and have put a power spike through the ECU?

Much more likely that you have the polarity wrong and have run the battery low whilst playing around.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Not sure how true this is but I was told (don't laff :tut:) that you can't put HIDs in the spiders :rolleyes::confused:
Complete rubbish.

Had them in mine for coming up 2yrs with zero problems.

Best upgrade you can do IMO.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Complete rubbish.

Had them in mine for coming up 2yrs with zero problems.

Best upgrade you can do IMO.
I'd really like to change them on both the TS and the V6.........in words of one syllable....HELP?? Where should I lookfor some? :thumbs:

I think it was a young boy in Halfords actually ....serves me right :lol:

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Theres a huge thread on the 1st page of this 916 Forum.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys... Hid now working... Plugged in the wrong way... :{.... Now just trying to reset it by disconnecting the battery... Fingers crossed this works....

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hehe, told ya

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
yeah i think ( althought its now a very long thread) its covered in the thread about reversing the conections

exactly as i had to do

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She won't start :(...
No code lights just the engine management light on... Turning over quickly but just not catching...

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Try resetting the fuel cut off as well. Passenger side footwell. Failing all of that disconnect the battery and leave it for 30mins to reset the ECU.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
As you were doing things with the plastic wing cover removed ( presumably ) I'd check the relays and fuses close to the driver's side headlamp. About midway(?) between the headlamp and the strut. Lots of relevant relays there for the engine ECU, fuel pump, lambda ...

Something could have been dislodged.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorted it!!!! Relay on the fuel pump had gone... All replaced and back running... So cold torch light at just gone 11pm!!! Don't you love just having one as a daily driver!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts