Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my GTV for 4 months now (near enough) and although it's my day-to-day car it's only really had short journeys (20 miles or so between stops) up to now.

Today I decided to shoot off to southend (90ish miles each way with faffing about) and the GTV really surprised me.

Even though my seat was a couple of stops further forward than normal due to fitting my daughter in behind my seat (told her she has to stop growing) after the return journey I got out of the car and... Nothing.. no aches in my back, no sore accellerator ankles, just felt like a regular 10 mile journey, and all the way it was lovely to drive.

Despite being a 14 year old car with 142k on the clock it purred along, no complaints, no overheating, no rattles or squeaks (apart from my window... must sort that!)

Truely is my favorite car of all time.

Only one niggle... broken aircon & leather seats.. not a good combination. I'm thinking of moving fixing that up the priorities list!

V

·
0 Posts
:cool: I've done a few longish journeys in mine and couldn't agree more. The only thing mine suffers from is a slight wind noise when going into 3 figures. Need a new rubber seal for the drivers door. My aircon needs regassing too. It's colder than the normal fans but not the Arctic cold it should be.

My 156 was the same, never tired of sitting in that. And the 166 I took to Goodwood last year was the best riding most comfortable journey I've ever been on. 450 miles of pure bliss :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 156 was always nice.. Much nicer than the company vectra's and astra's I'd had in the past but not as comfortable as the GTV. Maybe it's because they are 'standard' cars and the GTV when new was a luxury sports model.. Even now you can feel the difference.

I think my Aircon needs more than a regassing.. You push the switch and nothing happens, no click, no change in revs, nothing at all. The aircon motor looks like a lump of rust with green stuff all over the bottom (Autolusso said that was a sign of a nasty leak).

Anyone know if replacing the aircon motor and regassing would likely be the end of it or is there more that's going to be needed (Know *nothing* about aircon :) )

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM's emptied :)

Is it a big job to replace?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts