Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a cost efficient way to send all phone audio through my car speakers. Can the USB port in the glove box do this? Tried it and my phone (Samsung S8) just seems to charge.(This car doesn't have AUX)

Tried an FM transmitter and the sound quality isn't great. Would rather avoid spending hundreds on a new head unit if possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been in your shoes! Why a 2010 G wasn't fitted with aux in the first place baffles me (that and b&me not supporting a2dp or being able to hang up via the steering wheel controls!!!)

I bought this fm transmitter and use it on 108.0 and it is flawless. Connection is strong with no interference and you've got buttons to skip tracks. 2 USB ports are handy too!

For £13 I can't knock it. I've used it for 3 months or so and still going strong.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I bought this fm transmitter and use it on 108.0 and it is flawless. Connection is strong with no interference and you've got buttons to skip tracks. 2 USB ports are handy too!

For £13 I can't knock it. I've used it for 3 months or so and still going strong.
Can you share a link for the one you brought?

I've got a transmitter in my Gtv and it works great but in the Giulietta it seems to get interference from radio stations, will try 108 and maybe a different device.

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
I use my phone's satnav, and to hear what she is saying, I run a wire from the phone's headphone socket to the socket in the glove-box.
I can now hear anything, that comes through the headphone, through the speakers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you share a link for the one you brought?

I've got a transmitter in my Gtv and it works great but in the Giulietta it seems to get interference from radio stations, will try 108 and maybe a different device.

Thanks
sorry forgot to add the link! was having a sleepless night and not running at 100%!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Criacr-Bluetooth-FM-Transmitter-Hands-free/dp/B06XHNHLR2

you get a little bit of static (usually when stop start kicks in) but its a cheap workaround for an otherwise expensive replacement (new fascia, and steering wheel control is about £250, then the replacement HU on top £200+)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought this for my 2011 Giulietta without AUX port. Will keep you guys posted ! Could be the cheapest solution to get quality wireless music for our old Gs

·
Registered
300 Posts
As I've just bought a 2011 Giulietta and am beginning to think that they PO was talking rubbish when he said that the Blue&Me adapter you can buy will work with Android phones to stream music, I've tried researching some options:
1. You can just use the USB memory with your music on it
2. You can splice and AUX cable into the Blue&Me connector at the head unit and then run a silent MP3 track via Blue&Me.
3. On the earlier Giuliettas there were 2 different head units. A Blaupunkt and a Bosch Low Plus. After that (2011/2012?) there was a Bosch MP3+AUX2 something. I haven't had time to take out my G's HU to check yet. I did some comparing using EPER and a Swedish site that lists junkyard parts for sale, and it seems like somewhere in the spring of 2011 they switched over to the Bosch+MP3+AUX2 something. Why does this matter? The former 2 should, if I have understood correctly, have CD changer ports at the back. In fact, it seems like the Bosch Low Plus is the same HU that is used in the MiTo. This in turn means that you can buy a CD changer bluetooth adapter like X-link, YaTour etc. I have one in my MiTo and I love it. Works flawlessly.

Alexandre: Very interested in if this work. Be sure to note what head unit you have when you install it! Will be very useful for the community!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, I already got it and it does the job very well ! Installation takes 5 minutes maximum it's plug and play !
You turn on the car and you'll see a Bluetooth device called "BlueMusic" (even the name blends in) than you hit your media button until you see CD Track and you'll be albe to hear every media played from your phone.
You can even use your steering wheel buttons to control tracks playing.
And bonus you can still connect to blue and me at the same time to receive calls, once the call is over music continues playing automatically.

Only one drawback though you need to adjust volume to be a little bit higher than usual (about 30~35 for good loud volume) but for ~£20 you can't go wrong ! Sound is quality is good too, it's as good as my 320kbps MP3's stored on my glovebox usb stick to my uneducated ears.
My head unit is from bosch (Alfa 940 Low plus)

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thank you very much for posting the follow up. I'll be checking the radio in my car as soon as possible and see which one I have. I'm betting it's a Low Plus one. IMO, this is very useful information for potential Giulietta buyers. Hopefully I lucked out by buying an earlier model car.

By the way, was the fascia hard to remove?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've just installed one of these in my 2011 G, works perfectly! Thanks so much for sharing with us Alexandre07!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Will it work on the 2012 model too?
Pull out your head unit and check which one you have. If it's a Blaupunkt or 940 Low Plus, yes. If it's the one with AUX2 etc, perhaps not. You need a CD changer slot for it to work. I pulled mine out the other day and as I predicted I have a Low Plus, so I've ordered the Bluetooth dongle in the above link.

The fascia was very easy to gently pull out from the drivers side. Then 4 T25 Torx screws to unscrew the head unit.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pull out your head unit and check which one you have. If it's a Blaupunkt or 940 Low Plus, yes. If it's the one with AUX2 etc, perhaps not. You need a CD changer slot for it to work. I pulled mine out the other day and as I predicted I have a Low Plus, so I've ordered the Bluetooth dongle in the above link.

The fascia was very easy to gently pull out from the drivers side. Then 4 T25 Torx screws to unscrew the head unit.

It’s worth checking before pulling the fascia as you may have a t25 torx screw from the glovebox area into the bottom of the fascia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, I already got it and it does the job very well ! Installation takes 5 minutes maximum it's plug and play !
You turn on the car and you'll see a Bluetooth device called "BlueMusic" (even the name blends in) than you hit your media button until you see CD Track and you'll be albe to hear every media played from your phone.
You can even use your steering wheel buttons to control tracks playing.
And bonus you can still connect to blue and me at the same time to receive calls, once the call is over music continues playing automatically.

Only one drawback though you need to adjust volume to be a little bit higher than usual (about 30~35 for good loud volume) but for ~£20 you can't go wrong ! Sound is quality is good too, it's as good as my 320kbps MP3's stored on my glovebox usb stick to my uneducated ears.
My head unit is from bosch (Alfa 940 Low plus)
Do you think it would fit in the horrid sat nav unit aswell? Looks like the left side on the connection cube thingy is free.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
I installed my one yesterday and it works great. Like Alexandre07 you have to put the volume to 25-35 depending on song and road noise to have good volume.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I didn't pull it out, but I checked my paperwork and it is the Alfa 940 Mp3 plus +Aux, so I don't know if this is going to work. Asked the seller for more info.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts