Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning nearly every make of car it the UK I decided to take the plunge and buy an alfa romeo mito .i bought a 60 plate mito lusso 16v from platts in stoke on Trent .i was really looking forward to picking the car up from a supposed luxury brand ,how wrong can you be without a doubt this had to be the worst hand over of a car I have ever received .not only was I kept sitting around in the showroom for nearly two hours but the car was dirty inside and out ,lee the sales manager did apologise and said he was embarrassed and that they never normally send a car out in that condition ,indeed he even tried cleaning it himself.i only received one key with the car and after seven weeks and a promise of a new replacement key I am still waiting .after cleaning the car I am also really gutted at the amount of stone chips on the car that were hidden under the dealers attempted polish ,indeed there are about 20 on the bonnet ,10very large one on the drivers side wing and a large set of 3 chips on the hatchback and rear bumper ,all this in a car that is barely8 months old.now this is the sort of service you expect from a "£100 banger from Joe blogs garage not a car costing over £10000 from a supposed luxury brand.there we are rant over lol ,just be careful people :'(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I hope that none of our customers could say the same.

I hope you enjoy your Alfa, and if you're ever in the area pop in for a coffee and a chat, we'll valet your car for free for you :)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Platts are usually good from what I understand. Did you consider rejection or rectification?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't be put off once you have sorted your problems, owning an Alfa requires a different mindset in my experience.

I buy the cars not the back-up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you budgen will do and in fairness have heard nothing but good things about your dealership,only went to platts because the price of car was right :-( .didnt think I would be able to reject the car and to be honest I love the mito its my first ever alfa and looks fab in giulietta red its just those stone chips and dealership experience have left a very sour taste in my mouth .

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Pretty much par for the course with all garages nowadays I'm afraid, not just Alfa either:(

I would insist on a spare key though as it could cost you dear in future if you don't have one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill give them a ring again tomoro regarding the spare key .im wondering would I have a case regarding the stone chips if I ring alfa UK ?

G

·
0 Posts
Never rang me back recently when enquiring about two cars and the knowledge of the cars I was enquiring about was poor to say the least. Perhaps they are going through some staff changes etc

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Regarding the stone chips, I'd speak to Platts first, if they say "wear and tear" point out it wasn't until the car was clean you saw them. If that fails, go to ARUK. Loads have had their stone chips sorted as a goodwill gesture!
Given the car was dirty when sold to you, I'd be pushing Platts to sort it, but what do I know...?

·
Registered
37,520 Posts
Is the car pre-owned or brand new? I think from your post it was 8 months old, in which case I would expect some marks.

We looked at a Spider at Platts, their sales guy did a good job of being somewhere between disinterested and condescending so we got a beautiful car from Black & White instead - their loss.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been talking to the sales manager at platts lee rose top bloke been very helpful and asked me to take car back to platts for the service manager to look at stone chips and for them to forward a claim to alfa UK ,lee was very helpful and when he said he would phone back shortly that is what he did so morale is go to the top then something gets sorted as for the salesman I bought car off well I cant say much this is a family forum lol ;-),also looks as if replacement key is gonna get sorted so fingers crossed ,we will see

·
Registered
2 Posts
Platts

Hi,

I've had several problems with my Mito - purchased from new from Platts. The service there has been poor.

Parts take weeks to come. When they arrive they're not installed properly. Update phone calls are hit & miss.

The service from Alfa customer services has been poor too.

Would NOT buy from them again, then again, wouldn't have another Alfa either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts