Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a personal plate from DVLA and got it transferred to the GTV yesterday. The whole process at the DVLA office in Birmingham took less than 10 minutes. They gave me both tax discs back, do I have to send the old one back, should they have kept it?:confused:

The process of buying the plate and transferring it was amazingly quick and easy. Bought the plate on Sunday, on the car by Friday. My photocard licence took 3 days from online application to arriving in the post. Top marks to DVLA, excellent service both times.

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
You now have to destroy it yourself. Mr PG has just done the same and remarked that the system had changed again.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I bought a personal plate from DVLA and got it transferred to the GTV yesterday. The whole process at the DVLA office in Birmingham took less than 10 minutes. They gave me both tax discs back, do I have to send the old one back, should they have kept it?:confused:

The process of buying the plate and transferring it was amazingly quick and easy. Bought the plate on Sunday, on the car by Friday. My photocard licence took 3 days from online application to arriving in the post. Top marks to DVLA, excellent service both times.
I believe officially you should return it to he DVLA but as all they do is rip it up and bin it, why waste a stamp and so like most folks just bin it as its no use to you.

Alan

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
I did the same thing just after new year and dvla turned it around in2 days by post, well impressed-but they just told me to destroy the old tax disc and not to try and get a refund on it! As if:D

·
Super Moderator
916 Spider P1 Lusso
9,446 Posts
I believe officially you should return it to he DVLA but as all they do is rip it up and bin it, why waste a stamp and so like most folks just bin it as its no use to you.

Alan
Erm, no - officially the system has changed, as I said.

I did the same thing just after new year and dvla turned it around in2 days by post, well impressed-but they just told me to destroy the old tax disc and not to try and get a refund on it! As if:D
Exactly :D

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll just keep it then with the others I have with the car's history folder :). I just didn't want a random fine dropping through the letter box.:lol:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Only ever had good experiences with DVLA offices Birmingham...

...apart from finding it that is, not the easiest to get to!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts