Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi
I get these messages on the board saying Plate number light failure and then left side light failure. I get them when I start the car and then they disappear. Also I do not get these messages everytime I start the car. They appear from time to time, always when I start the car. All lights seem to work properly.

I read some threads about this problem and it could be bad connection but there were some threads saying that the board computer must be replaced.

How do I know that it is the board computer causing the problems?
Is it the case with me?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This used to happen mine, get someone to tap the lights while you are in the car and see does the error pop up?
The message appears only when I start the car and then disappears. It even does not appear with every start of the car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I doubt it, try the test first though as it is a cheap test :thumbs:
Tried the test and nothing happened. No failure, no message. I get these messages only when I start the car and they appear once out of ten starts. It appears only when the car does the initial checks I believe. It shoots one or two failure messages regarding the side lights and the plate number lights. These messages disappear immediately and I do not get a warning light on the dash board.

I hope it is just a connection problem and it has nothing to do with the body computer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I get this too, also over the weekend nothing was showing on the centre panel at all - no gear select (sele)time, temp - nothing even though the car drove fine?. The handbrake warning light was on though. I stopped and parked put the handbrake on and off again and all was back to normal - what thats all about? :confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get this too, also over the weekend nothing was showing on the centre panel at all - no gear select (sele)time, temp - nothing even though the car drove fine?. The handbrake warning light was on though. I stopped and parked put the handbrake on and off again and all was back to normal - what thats all about? :confused:

I have read somewhere in the forum that this may be caused by a faulty selespeed sensor or something.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I doubt it, try the test first though as it is a cheap test :thumbs:
Tried the test and nothing happened. No failure, no message. I get these messages only when I start the car and they appear once out of ten starts. It appears only when the car does the initial checks I believe. It shoots one or two failure messages regarding the side lights and the plate number lights. These messages disappear immediately and I do not get a warning light on the dash board.

I hope it is just a connection problem and it has nothing to do with the body computer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another one today, My one main headlight has not been working for a couple of weeks until today i used my Horn as someone fell asleep at the lights and hey presto the headlight came back on and is now working fine ! What next - Still luvin the car -:) smiles all the time and now with a few suprises :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ive had it once or twice, motor control sytem failure. I was told the computer runs checks then sometimes picks up things on the sensors but it can reset themselves but will stay on if there is a prolem.:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts