Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still not great with the forum search tool so apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere but I am considering getting the chrome mirrors and light surrounds done in a darker grey colour and have been advised plasti dip is the best option. How is it used and how easy a job is this? Also does it work well or is it best just to pay out and get the parts already made in the desired colours? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Agreed, bought mine for 5k 35k miles on the clock. Couldn't be happier. Used to drive a Vauhall Corsa D... Not many Mitos on the road but 2nd hand price is very fair!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Still not great with the forum search tool so apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere but I am considering getting the chrome mirrors and light surrounds done in a darker grey colour and have been advised plasti dip is the best option. How is it used and how easy a job is this? Also does it work well or is it best just to pay out and get the parts already made in the desired colours? Thanks.
I plastidipped mine a year or two ago, it's not difficult to do it yourself so long as you take your time and prepare properly. You need to mask off a big area around where you do it and it's better if you do it with as little wind as possible, otherwise you end up with plastidip all over the rest of the car.

Turned out well though.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts