Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
GT 1.9, 159 TI 2.0, Giulia Speciale 2.2
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am getting dual exhausts on my 159 (my existing backbox is rattling and I am using the excuse to not only replace that but to also get the dual setup that looks fantastic IMO). There is a plastic blank piece that will pop out however I will need the plastic surround that will match the other side.

My lack of vocabulary here is a real problem as I have no idea what this is called and thus cant really search for it. Does anyone know what this is called (part number etc.) or better still where to buy it online?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
If you look on eper (you can search on line for eper guide) Ithink the part is 60688694

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look on eper (you can search on line for eper guide) Ithink the part is 60688694
Thank you so much! Now I know its called a 'REAR BUMPER EXHAUST PROTECTOR'!

Easy to order and not expensive. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
No problem :thumbup:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Oh cool, I had mine converted from single to dual tips. Did not know a part existed to make the holes equal!

Question though, this one I found on ebay describes it as a 'protector plate'. The left hand uncut exhaust cutout is entirely plastic, not so sure this is the right part? Unless its metal on the inside and plastic on the outer?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201749521817?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

... I don't think that's the correct part unless you also cut out the original edge of the single exhaust tip and buy both a left and right side protector plate to match. You can see behind the bumper its all plastic around the original hole.

http://www.forum.alfaholicy.org/zal...erzaka_159_sw-20150508_113729.jpg?language=en

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Bit of a dead thread but I'm looking for the same part....the part number quoted above is incorrect and it in fact for a heat shield that protects the bumper inside from exhaust heat. Anyone have the correct part number for the plastic trim piece that goes around the bumper cutout the right exhaust sticks through. Nothing shows on ALFAs list...which makes me think it only comes with the complete (2.4 etc ) bumper.....but if that's the case why do they have the removable piece on the single exhaust models if you cant buy the trim to finish it properly?? Its not the end of the World if I cant get one...I will either remove the left side one to match or make a right side one from the plastic that has to be popped out of the bumper to clear the exhaust. Nothing is ever simple!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Bit of a dead thread but I'm looking for the same part....the part number quoted above is incorrect and it in fact for a heat shield that protects the bumper inside from exhaust heat. Anyone have the correct part number for the plastic trim piece that goes around the bumper cutout the right exhaust sticks through. Nothing shows on ALFAs list...which makes me think it only comes with the complete (2.4 etc ) bumper.....but if that's the case why do they have the removable piece on the single exhaust models if you cant buy the trim to finish it properly?? Its not the end of the World if I cant get one...I will either remove the left side one to match or make a right side one from the plastic that has to be popped out of the bumper to clear the exhaust. Nothing is ever simple!!
I think Veloces May sell them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to note (very belatedly) that the part discussed above is wrong and that I never found that part. Just let it stick out through the gap and it looks good...not perfect but still a nice dual setup

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I made mine out of the plastic piece you need to remove to fit the right pipe....you would need to look very closely to tell it apart from the left side one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts