Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

There is a plastic stopper behind my Alfa GT 1.8 accelerator pedal.

Just wondering, by removing it, will it make my car accelerate even harder when I floor it?

Thanks for any inputs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys!
Everybody loves a laugh, but not at the expense of people getting afraid of posting questions in this forum.
Just a thought...

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
If only it was that simple. It would be great if that was the case.

Ie the throttle petomiter would not hit its max voltage becasue the position was stunted. Ie 4.2v instead of 5v ;-)

I know when they restrict motorbikes to a 33bhp max for license reasons they can simply do that trick on the throttle for it to comply. If only it was the same on Alfa's hey ;-)

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
I know when they restrict motorbikes to a 33bhp max for license reasons they can simply do that trick on the throttle for it to comply. If only it was the same on Alfa's hey ;-)
Another one used to be washers in the exhaust ports. Just unbolt the exhaust manifold remove the offending washers, bolt the manifold back on again = an unrestricted full power bike. That was a long time ago though, so I expect things have moved on!

Anyway, back to the OP.
If your throttle is already going to 100%, allowing the pedal to go further doesn't = more than 100%. It will probably = a broken throttle potentiometer!
You can check to make sure you are getting full throttle using diags (ie AlfaDiag/MultiECUScan).
On 156 the part screwed into the carpet can work loose and reduce throttle travel slightly. Screwing it down properly gets the full travel back again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts