Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all had our black mito distinctive 2 x weeks now and about to complete the alfa romeo satisfaction questionaire and my partner has raised a point that i could do with some help on, in front of the rear wheel arches the car has clear helicopter tape adhesives i assumed at the time as the arches as you all know are slightly flared that these were standard however my partner has been looking at other mitos ever snce and has yet to see these sticker packs on any others nor have i on google images, it may well be that its a new feature on the 12 build mitos as they do look shaped for the job or are they something that should have been peeled off on PDI ??

Many thanks

ash

D

·
0 Posts
They've all got them, the contrast just shows a touch more on certain colours I'm afraid,
Dave

·
Registered
760 Posts
I would hope there standard, most seem to be coming out the factory with them. But ask them to check they are and insist they are fitted due to paint chipping problems.

If they aren't going to be and they try to fob you off then show them the threads on here detailing the problems with the red and black paints. Christ they are making a tidy penny out of you buying a new car from them and can affoard £24 for your piece of mind on your purchase.

·
Registered
7,179 Posts
They weren't on our 2010 white one, but I fitted them.

I thought only black and red cars had them as standard from 2010.

I'm sure I was less than 20 quid.

·
Registered
292 Posts
2012 Black Mito standard as well:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Seems pretty hit & miss whether people get them or not. Christ, for the cost you'd think they'd just fit them to all MiTo's, or at least the darker colours that show paint chips. My Parents 2002 Renault Laguna had them & the paint didn't seem to chip on exposed areas anyway.

For a brand like Alfa, this sort of penny pinching is not acceptable. If they're not fitted on delivery, i'd tell the dealer 'my paint protectors are missing, phone me when the car's fully ready' and get back in my old car and leave. You don't pay 'extra' for strips of plastic on a car costing circa 15 grand. No way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts