Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Gtv TS 12 years ago and it went into dry storage when I bought a V6 in 2012. Sadly the bright red had faded to pink and over the years I have always planned on getting a respray. In the last year I have been thinking of not only the respray but doing something about the power. Only recently I have found the right person to do the engine work and that is KJ at Voodoo tuning. Now he is the genius who created the 440bhp Gtv sleeper you can find on Youtube. The plan is to fit forged pistons and rods, larger injectors, one off 3" exhaust, competition clutch and the crowning glory is a turbo intercooler system. Projected bhp is 300+. So to the main reason for this post, do I respray in AR130 or go for a more modern brighter red. One that has caught my eye is Mazda red but what do you think. I will never sell the car so original red is not a resale problem. Photos are before the colour faded.

Attachments

Reactions: metalgod23

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Can’t wait to see the finished car. What are your plans for brakes and suspension with all that power? How much will the engine mods cost if you don’t mind me asking!

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I'd go for GTV CUP Red but if you fancy a change what about the red used on the 8C.

Do you have a link to this 440bhp GTV on you tube?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,129 Posts

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
Subscribed, this sounds like a great project!

For the colour, can you give us an example of Mazda red.

·
Registered
12 Posts
159 Sports Wagon 2.4 JTDm - Hi I have a beautiful black 2007 Sports wagon the interior roof lining is collapsing and becoming unglued. Does anyone else have this problem or is it unique to our hot Australian conditions.
Are there any chemicals that react with the glue in aerosols or other products that could cause the glue to deteriorate?

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe doing the .same as his sleeper, Renault Megane Brembo calipers which stops 440bhp, not decided on suspension mods yet, but saying that the sleeper is running on standard suspension.

·
Registered
447 Posts
159 Sports Wagon 2.4 JTDm - Hi I have a beautiful black 2007 Sports wagon the interior roof lining is collapsing and becoming unglued. Does anyone else have this problem or is it unique to our hot Australian conditions.
Are there any chemicals that react with the glue in aerosols or other products that could cause the glue to deteriorate?
I suggest you post this in the 159 section, not the 916 GTV / Spider section.

·
Registered
447 Posts
K Jays car's engine looks suspiciously like a Delta Integrale 16V unit.
I think that would have to be a starting point for all of the hardware.

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update, car has just passed it's MoT, Andy Blake in Northampton sorted it out. Only needed airbag light turning off, new brake fluid and bleed due to moisture ingress, and wiper motor and linkage lubricating due to dry storage. A lot less than I thought it might need. Non MoT items needing replacing are Radiator corroded but not leaking yet and a duff alternator which i knew about. So, no big expense so ordered a full set of coilovers from BC racing. Now its off to Voodoo Tuning as soon as they get it booked in. 😃 (y)

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Photo of coilovers, springs ordered in red.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Aha, I thought that would be a bit different and exotic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
219 Posts
I didn't know BCRacing made suspension for 916. They are just down the road - well, 4 hours down the road, in Windsor, Canada. Or is there more than one BCRacing?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Nice one on getting such a good MOT result, good job!
I think you should paint it the colour it left the factory in. It looks lovely on those Enzo’s and with a turbo on it this will be a very interesting car.
Have you spoken to Voodoo and made a plan? Watching on with interest as I have a ts spider I’m restoring.

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The seller on ebay is royal-automotive and I asked them if they were in stock in UK and the reply was looking at 16 day delivery direct from the factory in Germany, possibly longer due to covid-19 and Britain not being part of EU.

·
Registered
12,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice one on getting such a good MOT result, good job!
I think you should paint it the colour it left the factory in. It looks lovely on those Enzo’s and with a turbo on it this will be a very interesting car.
Have you spoken to Voodoo and made a plan? Watching on with interest as I have a ts spider I’m restoring.
Just had an email from Voodoo tuning...
I have to say I'm really looking forward to working on your car! I've been wanting to build another fast GTV, they take so well to turbocharging. I still have another major build going at the moment (a 400 bhp, turbocharged 2 ltr engine-swapped Renault 5 GT Turbo). This will take me into Spring. Yours is absolutely next on the list after this one.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts