Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. A friend of mine was selling his gt 18 q2 five spoke wheels which I was considering about them to buy. I have decided to buy but there is a or there may be a problem. Tyres coming with them are Dunlop sportmaxx rt sized 225 45 18 . As far as I know gt uses 225 40 18 ones. Could this be a problem for me?

Should I sell these tyres and go 225 40 18 or any proper size?

And I searched the net about these five spoke 18 gt q2 alloys, but nothing came up. What are the specifications of them?et, wheel width etc.

D6503 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only that the part number is 156074707 and Veloces have got some for sale for £lots. They might tell you the size if you ask. Alfa Romeo Part Shop | WHEELS | GT Q2 Alloy wheel 156075678 from Veloces of London

Ducati Corse 147 has 18's, I suspect they will fit and give a really harsh ride :)
Thx for answer. I have searched the net but got no info about it. Asked to veloces to learn it but they said they didn't know too.

Found a pic about this. But it looked awkward to me.

Does this picture is normal? Or car has spacer on it? Because of rims are staying out of fender so much. If this will be the look I have, I will not buy.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Does this picture is normal? Or car has spacer on it? Because of rims are staying out of fender so much. If this will be the look I have, I will not buy.
Think that is the combination of GT offset and the ludicrous 147 ride height.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think that is the combination of GT offset and the ludicrous 147 ride height.
I don't mind ride height. But If this is the true offset of these wheels, it's a problem for me.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
I don't mind ride height. But If this is the true offset of these wheels, it's a problem for me
You can't see if the wheels are sitting outside the arches in that pic as it is taken from the side.

GT wheels usually ET35, so only 5mm difference.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have already got 5mm spacers but 17 inches one of this wheel is 7x17 and et is 40.5. This one's 8x18. If width is 1 inch more. Will it be 30 mm at total? Isn't it huge difference or I am calculating wrong?

I can adjust ride height, already having D2 coilovers but if it's so wide open it will crush view not as expected.

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The offset is from the centre line to the mounting face.
With the same size tyre on there won't be much difference in arch clearance between a 7" & 8" rim.

So the 8" ET35 wheel with no spacer will have the tyre in approximately the same place as your current 7"ET40.5 with 5mm spacer.

Reactions: Rain man

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx for answers sir.

But what about handling and grip? They say upsizing of wheels are negative effective for handling. I use my car to drive nearly limits in country roads. If it will effect it worse I would undo that.

And I should say tyres coming with rims are 225 45 18. Looked everywhere but there is no info about it. It was always 225 40 181

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
225/45R18 will be too tall.
225/40R18 is the normal size, but normal 147 18" is even smaller.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tyre size for 147 is 215/40/18 or 225/35/18

If you want great handling go for 205/45/17 on 17x7J wheels, or 205/50/16 on 16x6.5J wheels

1 - 13 of 13 Posts