Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just phoned my dealer and my Sportagon is ready to collect!

But, have all the jobs been completed?

Change wooden steering wheel for leather.
Change wooden gear knob for leather.
Fix rear wash/wipe.
Quote for parking dent.

They only have four, I repeat FOUR (4) (IV) (5-1) jobs to do.....have they managed as many jobs as there are fingers on my left hand?

Vote now!

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I am sure somewhere down the line there must be a part that is on back order!!!
Probably the steering wheel...
:rolleyes:
Do you get to keep the old one to put on your 33 column??
laughing

·
Registered
540 Posts
My prediction is:

They will have changed the steering wheel and gear knob, as that's easy;

They'll say they've fixed the rear wash/wipe but it won't work when you first try to use it; and

They won't be able to give you a quote for the parking dent because you need to speak to the body shop, and there's no-one in today!

Do I get a prize if I'm right?
:D

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Schrodinger:
<strong>My prediction is:

They will have changed the steering wheel and gear knob, as that's easy;

They'll say they've fixed the rear wash/wipe but it won't work when you first try to use it; and

They won't be able to give you a quote for the parking dent because you need to speak to the body shop, and there's no-one in today!

Do I get a prize if I'm right?
:D </strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think you're over estimating there:

We have the gear knob in, we pulled the old one off and broke it, and the new one won't fit.

We couldnt get the old steering wheel off, so we wrapped one of those leather strap things round it.

They cant fix the rear wash/wipe because they need you authorise a new lambda sensor...and forgot to ring you and tell you.

The quote for the parking dent will either be:
1) the quote for the new lambda sensor
2) when we looked at the nearside we couldnt find a dent. Oh..you told them it was the offside? We didn't check that.
3) a good price. You will think F me, i'm booking it in now. Bookings are 11 weeks in advance. When it comes out of the bodyshop 11 weeks later, the paint wont match & they've sprayed the nearside because they forgot to write on the paperwork when you told them they checked the wrong side.
You then have to wait another 11 weeks for them to spray the entire back half of the car trying to blen in the slightly off colour paint.

So...what was the actual answer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know yet and you won't find out 'til Friday, (I'm away tomorrow), but I think Schrodinger works for Piccadilly Motors in Knaresborough wink

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
AJ, I think you're spot on !
Do we have the same dealer ?!? eek!
"ehr.. sorry sir, the gear knob we ordered was for a 155..little typo there huh huh.."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right, as I have changed my plans due to todays weather forecast.....

Leather steering wheel.....yes! (and it looks far better than that awful faux mahogany thing)

Leather gear knob.....yes!! (and it looks far far better than that awful lump of brown formica)

Rear wash wipe.....I think so!!! (Mrs Nem says it is fixed, but I don't know whether to trust her completely or not, but more likely has been than has not been)

Quote for dent.....my arse!!!! ("Sorry, Paul is on holiday for 2 weeks, but don't worry we'll sort it for you")

3 out of 4 isn't bad I suppose? 75% on a JD Power survey would do quite well. Won't be up there with the Skoda, Toyota, Honda dealers, but not too shabby. At least Mrs Nem was given the correct car! :cool:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well I think I was pretty damn close!
:D
I'm still holding out for the rear wash/wipe not to work though! I'm sure it won't let me down...
wink

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
Jennifer
Unfortunatley for you, the prize this week was a mahogany globe drink dispenser, and rule 623786#F.2 states that the prize can only be given to an AO member who can fit it into their car. As it will clearly not fit in a GTV, you have to accept the prize which fill fit, and that is nothing.
Sorry, but rules is rules.

·
Registered
540 Posts
But Rick, that's the best bit - I've still got the 156, so I can claim my prize.
:D :D
So where do I have to go to collect my fabulous new mahogany globe drink dispenser then?
:cool:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by RicksAlfas:
<hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I LOVE that icon :D

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ajcarter:
<strong>I think you're over estimating there:

We have the gear knob in, we pulled the old one off and broke it, and the new one won't fit.

We couldnt get the old steering wheel off, so we wrapped one of those leather strap things round it.

They cant fix the rear wash/wipe because they need you authorise a new lambda sensor...and forgot to ring you and tell you.

The quote for the parking dent will either be:
1) the quote for the new lambda sensor
2) when we looked at the nearside we couldnt find a dent. Oh..you told them it was the offside? We didn't check that.
3) a good price. You will think F me, i'm booking it in now. Bookings are 11 weeks in advance. When it comes out of the bodyshop 11 weeks later, the paint wont match & they've sprayed the nearside because they forgot to write on the paperwork when you told them they checked the wrong side.
You then have to wait another 11 weeks for them to spray the entire back half of the car trying to blen in the slightly off colour paint.

So...what was the actual answer?</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MAJOR MASSIVE laughing laughing laughing @aj! Damn.....blurry screen alert....can't see anything! laughing laughing laughing

Fantastic post!!!!! :D

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
I think it's a good plan Jamie, except for one small flaw.
When Nem gets his massive Nikon out, it won't work, and the moment will be lost forever.

:rolleyes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All you will see is a picture of an empty counter. The service manager will be hiding in the toilets wink

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Nemesis:
<strong>Leather gear knob.....yes!! (and it looks far far better than that awful lump of brown formica)
</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it quite a big black ball with black stitching and the H pattern embossed in the top, or is it the silver and black sex toy one??

1 - 20 of 20 Posts