Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The best part of £30 for 2 pizza's :wow: wtf ... ah but they've got some deals 20.99 for 2 pizza's plus some sides ... but once you've added stuffed crust and cheese on the garlic bread that is almost as much :rolleyes:

FFS how much does it really cost (I've told Mrs156 that I refuse to give the money grabbing barstewards any money and I'm cooking a spag bol ... :p)

R

·
0 Posts
£30 for two pizzas, you must have ordered the "imagreedyfatlumpsupersizeamericannutter*******" ones :lol:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
£30 for two pizzas, you must have ordered the "imagreedyfatlumpsupersizeamericannutter*******" ones :lol:
and your problem is????

S

·
0 Posts
Their buffet is usually quite cheap except that:

- You get in and all they have is 2 slices of spicy beef pizza, an empty margarita or a stinking veg pizza covered in mushroom.
- After your slice of beef pizza you wait 15 minutes then a couple of interesting pizzas come out, like pepperoni and Hawaiian
- You take a slice of both and they burn the roof of your mouth as they are hotter than a wiper relay on a GTV
- Then about 10 people come in for the buffet, eating the good pizzas, leaving the stinking pizzas left

Dominos and Pizza Express are usually pricier but tastier pizzas.

Nicest pizza I had was in Rome, I thought they'd made a mistake and brought out a plate of ham, it was the ham pizza covered in the stuff! Not like the pizzas here a couple of stingy cubes of tinned ham.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It comes at a price mate :lol:, did you know though that they do a special offer on takeaway where you buy one and get the second half price ?;)
to be fair they were just off the normal menu, peporoni feast et al ... in a large size ... with stuffed crust

I'm aware of that offer to but that's still a good bad £23 ... maybe I'm just getting old (anyway the spag bol was great and I can still move ... unlike if I'd stuffed that pizza down my neck :lol:)

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dominos and Pizza Express are usually pricier but tastier pizzas.
Pretty sure dominos do an "any pizza for £7.99" which to me sounds more reasonable ... the service we get in our local pizza express is crap, last time we went there I almost wrote a letter of complaint ...

R

·
0 Posts
The problem with Dominoes pizza is that you can taste how cheap it is :vomit::vomit::vomit:

·
Registered
25,672 Posts
Pretty sure dominos do an "any pizza for £7.99" which to me sounds more reasonable ... the service we get in our local pizza express is crap, last time we went there I almost wrote a letter of complaint ...
NAh, Domino's are proper expensive, a 6" pizza costs about that, it's like a large pizzary biscuit, saying that I do really like Dominos Pizza's especially the Might Meaty mmmmm

LAst time I went to a Pizza hut I saw them with spray bottles of oil liberally dousing down the pizza's in the pven, when it was delivered it was swimming in oil, they do this when it;s busy to crispen the pizza quicker so they can turn them areound faster.

Pizza Hut = :vomit:

·
Banned
1,823 Posts
You haven't tasted great pizza until you've visited Villa Italia in Belfast.:)

PizzaHut reminds me of being a child and getting a new toy. The thought of the new toy was aways better than the toy itself, much like Pizzahut.

S

·
0 Posts
Pizza connection in St Andrews used to do a lovely Chicken and Sweetcorn pizza.

Then there was Kinness Fry Bar that offered deep fried pizza as the healthy choice.

H

·
0 Posts
If you're staying at home and fancy Pizza, get to ASDA and have one made to order. 14" pizza - 6 toppings of your choice, less than a fiver.

And they do stuffed crust for a wee bit more

Is it as good as eating out? Nope.

But for less than a fiver, i'll put up with that

S

·
0 Posts
If you're staying at home and fancy Pizza, get to ASDA and have one made to order. 14" pizza - 6 toppings of your choice, less than a fiver.

And they do stuffed crust for a wee bit more

Is it as good as eating out? Nope.

But for less than a fiver, i'll put up with that
Sounds like a plan.

The fresh ham pizzas out of Morrisons used to be lovely.

Frozenwise, Pepperoni Iceland are adaquate but don't beat the mighty Goodfellas especially after a dozen beers. Yum!

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
I am old - very old, and can remember when pizzas first became popular - early 1970's (I am sure they were around before but not widely eaten).

Mothers Pride (the bread people) did a kit - basically flour, yeast and a tinned tomato topping. Forget the topping but the freshly baked base was great.

My point? - I am a sad old git with a long memory but it may be worth making one from scratch.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Always have a Pizza Express voucher in my wallet which is Doughballs, Main and a glass of wine for £10:thumbs: Good eating for cheapness

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Can't believe anyone goes to Pizza Hut nowdays actually !!!!!.......:rolleyes:

I always remember the saying " Shall we have something nice to eat......or go to Pizza Hut "........:lol::lol:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts