Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well all, im after doing back brakes on 156. so dont need this tool now. its laser brake calliper tool from halfords. (31 euro) job is a lot easier with this tool. selling for 15 euro +7.50 postage. will post pics up later.:)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
laser is good, wish i hadn't bought one myself now.

BTW how is your car's idle these days?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well pat, idle not too bad since ya had a look at it, changed the plugs since they were well overdue for change. see you got a sportswagon. a bit more spacious than the saloon. could be going the sportwagon route myself at end of summer. will see what happens.:)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Actually the sw has smaller boot than the sedan. But it looks better:)
Sounds like the start of another debate! I'm more a saloon fan myself (actually coupé really). Still, easier to get stuff in and out of the estate (anyone going to complain about the use of the word 'estate'?)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you, saloon looks better,although some of the GTA sportwagons look cool too. (on my wish list)
I may keep doing the lotto..:cheese:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
imho sportwagons look sexier.

the boot, when folded up, is smaller than salonn but at least its more accessible

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
At this point I have:

2 sportwagons [ '01 1.8TS & a '00 which will possibly become a 2.4JTD, ]
2 saloons [ '98 1.8TS & '98 2.0TS ]

most are waiting for ncts

S

·
0 Posts
Can I have info on the tool? Not sure if the pistons are similar on a GTV but probs similar.

Did the brakes on a Xantia not too long ago, was there for ages winding the piston back with a biggish punch, skinned knuckles and all! Hateful job!

156 SW is stunning. The bootspace may be smaller, but in my experience saloons are useless for moving boxy stuff ie. big square boxes, cookers, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
piston tool

sorry for the delay in getting back to you sirwiggum, heres some pics of tool dont know if gtv is the same maybe somebody on here could tell you. anyhow makes the job a lot easier..:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts