Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

i am just in the rebuild stage on my 2.0L 147 Selespeed and i need a new or good used Piston, can anyone point me in the direction of anyone breaking a suitable replacement or know of anywhere where i can buy one.

thanks

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Hi There,

i am just in the rebuild stage on my 2.0L 147 Selespeed and i need a new or good used Piston, can anyone point me in the direction of anyone breaking a suitable replacement or know of anywhere where i can buy one.

thanks
why waste money and time rebuilding to put second hand piston in :rolleyes:

C

·
0 Posts
why waste money and time rebuilding to put second hand piston in :rolleyes:
Yeah, right! Have you seen how much new ones are now?! A complete set of four would cost nearly as much as a running 156!

Why would you waste a significant amount of cash on buying a new one if you can source cheap alternative? I've re-used pistons on several occasions and NEVER had a problem.

msoakley, I'll have a look but I don't think I've got any decent spares, The only ones I think I have are oversize pistons which have been subjected to a battering after a cambelt failiure.

If you are replaceing the pistons, I assume you understand you should really use new rings?

Try pm'ing a user here by the name of RGWM.

L

·
0 Posts
there is a 3 digit code on top of the piston, what is it?

6 months ago I replace one faulty piston in a 1.6 with another good used one. No issues since

1 - 18 of 18 Posts