Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
That because your biased Jimmy - like me and everyone else who has ever driven a classic Alfa..... - heart rules head - Alfa every time , head rules heart - Mazda every time - I love the MX5 as a driving experience - its a lot nimbler than the Alfa and is a true sports car but its just so....... numerous..... and takes no effort to drive... hate to say it but got no soul; thing is everyone who owns a MX will think of a the Alfa as an unreliable dinosaur and relatively speaking it is but that is missing the point completely

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Thanks Jimmy, its an interesting article.

It is a tough call. My brother has a Mk1 MX5 (actually an Eunos Japanese grey import). It is a great little car and my wife would rather drive it than my Spiders because it feels like a modern car to drive. Its easy and predictable and does handle well.
I prefer to drive my Spiders because they feel so different to modern cars, its always a special occasion, however often I drive them. They have that soul.

The author didn't mention maintenance, though :lol: That's where my brother's car does score big time, he never has to do anything to it, just turns the key and goes :rant:

G

·
I think we'll all agree with Chris Rees but he is a bit biased like us as he loves Italian cars. Alfas always win on style....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts