Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So, I have bought this unit to fit into my Gt...

uploadfromtaptalk1454963566442.jpg

And it looks like this (bezel arrives tomorrow)

uploadfromtaptalk1454963604948.jpg

However, I attached the iso to the alfa loom and there's no power.

I think the pinouts need changing but am stuck.

With the following pics, could someone advise which pins need to go where?

Original stereo diagram
uploadfromtaptalk1454963737868.jpg

Pioneer loom (power end)
uploadfromtaptalk1454963779216.jpg

Pioneer loom description (vague)
uploadfromtaptalk1454963800466.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
you have to swap yellow and red cables on pioneer harness ie red to yellow otherwise every time you start the car the headunit will go on set up mode and then you have to bring a wire from sig lighter(middle wire on white connector) and connect to yellow cable (which in turn is swapped to red one),
then to get speakers working you will have to connect bose cable from green small connector(if memory serves right) to white/blue cable on pioneer harness,that blue/white wire is marked as remote control or something like that i do not remember,you will see it easily it's not connected to anything

i put pioneer last week in my GT and still waiting for fascia panel :thumbup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have to swap yellow and red cables on pioneer harness ie red to yellow otherwise every time you start the car the headunit will go on set up mode and then you have to bring a wire from sig lighter(middle wire on white connector) and connect to yellow cable (which in turn is swapped to red one),
then to get speakers working you will have to connect bose cable from green small connector(if memory serves right) to white/blue cable on pioneer harness,that blue/white wire is marked as remote control or something like that i do not remember,you will see it easily it's not connected to anything

i put pioneer last week in my GT and still waiting for fascia panel :thumbup:
Great stuff, didn't realise there wasn't an ignition feed on the existing stereo loom. I've added a length of wire to the red wire of the pioneer loom which is going to the cig lighter and the yellow wire has been plugged into the red plug at the end.
As I'm not running a bose system, speakers should be fine as they are?

·
Registered
387 Posts
if non-bose then should be fine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well had a quick read up and you're right, red and yellow swap over and you take ignition feed from the cig lighter. Now works fine.

Thanks for the help folks :)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
You might want to check the current drain once fitted. Switch car off; wait a couple of minutes and check current drain from battery. First leaving unit on and switching car off and second switch unit off first and then switch car off. Some of these units pull almost half an amp in "standby" and will slowly flatten battery if left for a week or so or if you only do short journeys.

Not all. Some do and some don't.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tip :)

To be fair I do about 250 miles a week so I doubt it'd run flat, but you never know

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I fitted an alpine head unit and changed the front speakers to alpine ....but still no bass

So i had to fit a subwoofer with built in amp and put it in the boot. Now i have bass.

Nice headunit but the standard speakers are totally naff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm wondering if my speakers have been changed by the previous owner then as I'm not finding the quality that bad?

·
Registered
387 Posts
most probably speakers not changed
they are ok unless you are going to make everyone listen to your music

Reactions: pod_1981
1 - 14 of 14 Posts