Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have took the plunge and bought a Pioneer DEH-P700BT, I hope to install it this weekend. I have bought the following cable adapters
PC2-36-AMPR from nexia and Connects2 Alfa Romeo to Pioneer stalk adapter.
Do I still need to swap the power pins round on these connectors?

I have never swapped a HU before and any tips would be appreciated.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
yes, the main powerwire in the alfa plug is at position #7 instead of #4. so ensure the YELLOW powerwire from the pioneer connects here.

the GT will not have a wire in its plug at #4, which would be the IGNition wire ('switched' between 0V with ignition key off and +12V with key on). so you may wish to divert the RED wire from the pioneer to the cigarette lighter wiring.

a multimeter takes away any guessing, so ensure you have one on hand and know how to use it to check the voltages.

if you have trouble, be patient, and ask here. there's many potential pitfalls in installing the new headunit. hard to outline all of them here in one go! but again, the multimeter is your best tool.

:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Shiny,
Yesterday I found out that the dealer I bought the car off (Alfa Romeo of Worcester) had done a crap job of fitting a Parrot Bluetooth, and then to compound this when they removed it they left all the wires connected and just took the unit out. This is why I was a bit daunted when I looked at the back of the HU, wires everywhere!
I have now removed all the crap and the HU is connected as it was from the factory. I had a nasty shock when I turned it on for the 1st time, it nearly blew all the windows out the car, as the amp and sub had not been working either!
I am quite confident I can install the new HU now :)
One quick question tho, I found the white phone connector block, can I connect the red pioneer wire to this if so which position #7 or #9?

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts