Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, wonder if anyone can help with this to stop me tearing my hair out, just fitted a Pioneer Avic 320bt into my 08 147 all went ok apart from getting the facia to fit properly around the unit used adaptor leads as shown here, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-147-GT-Steering-Stalk-Control-Adaptor-CTSAR003-Pioneer-Stereo-/250934751490?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a6ce07102 , and everything worked fine apart from the mute and source on the steering wheel controls, whichever one I press the stereo goes quiet but not muted and then reverts to normal volume on a second press, the vol + and - and tuning buttons work fine so the unit must be getting a signal, the only thought I have is maybe its the patch lead as I noticed there where 2 listed on the site but it doesnt say what the difference is between them.

Anybody give me any ideas?:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Re the mute, I think there's a setting on the 320 to either attenuate the sound or fully mute....

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks, did find that today but still does the same whatever setting its on gonna have a bit more fiddle with it this afternoon see if I can suss it.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
The mute/attenuation is definitely a function of the headunit. So, whether it completely mutes or only attenuates is unrelated to the steering wheel controls.

:)

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for the replies, looks like your right as hu is getting correct signal etc, just seemed strange the source and the mute button now perform the same function.

Oh and cheers Shiney for your thread on head unit change, came in handy when doing this:thumbs:

·
7,713 Posts
just seemed strange the source and the mute button now perform the same function.
Oh, my bad, I misread your original post. It is definitely strange that the source button does not work as it should. That seems like a fault to me, and should definitely change the source selection when pressed, and scroll through them.

At least, that's what happens with my Alpine setup, and I've not read of anyone else having your same problem.

Just double-check all the plugs are properly seated, nothing loose.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah am going to whip it down my local ice place at the weekend they said they would have a look, they did suggest trying a pucker pioneer connect cable..at £60, think I will explore all other avenues first though, will update when I figure it out.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just thought I would update this in case anyone else has the same problem, tried everything with the connects2 lead, swapped the wires checked voltages etc but all to no avail, so bit the bullet and ordered a pioneer 'comfort?' lead part no CA-R-PI.017, got it for 45 quid all in so not much more than the connects one, and hey presto everything works as it should plus I can turn the stereo off by holding the source button for a couple of seconds and change radio frequency by doing the same with the mute button, dont know if that worked with the original hu?

·
7,713 Posts
Good result.

Did you try discussing the Connects2 issues with the original seller you bought from (eg: for a refund or try a replacement)?

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi yeah have had an email back from them today offered a refund so all worked out ok, at least it hasnt cost more than it should have:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts