Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have installed a pioneer F940 into my 159 and everything is working fine (radio reception isn't the best). However the unit does not dim when the lights come on at night, It is set to automatic but just stays in Day mode and is quite distracting when driving at night. Has anybody got any idea on how to sort this?
Thanks,
Josh

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Curious to know if you're using the Connects2 CTSAR002.2 interface.

:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using the CTSAR002.2 from Dynamic sounds. I am beginning to wonder if it is the lead from the pioneer to the CTSAR002.2 though as this lead doesn't have the speed pulse, handbrake connection or reversing camera wire on it that they usually do when used with the Pioneer Sat Navs!

·
Premium Member
8,246 Posts
I am using the CTSAR002.2 from Dynamic sounds. I am beginning to wonder if it is the lead from the pioneer to the CTSAR002.2 though as this lead doesn't have the speed pulse, handbrake connection or reversing camera wire on it that they usually do when used with the Pioneer Sat Navs!
Did you connect all these signals ? They are required for proper operation....
It also includes a wire to connect to illumination, to allow dimming with lights on.

Re radio reception, you will need to add a fantom power supply for the radio antenna, to improve reception. example: Antenna Adapter Active Phantom Power / ISO: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Indeed, the Installation Manual shows wires in the Pioneer wiring harness for:

speed impulse signal (pink)
handbrake wire (light green)
reverse signal wire (violet/white)
backlight dimmer wire (orange/white)

If your harness does not include these, you have the wrong harness.

:)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Have you tried contacting dynamic sounds? they fitted my pioneer avh double din headunit and it dims perfectly when you switch the lights on, they should know how it connects.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Ditto, it's the same on my pioneer unit and works fine, am sure it's an option in one of the menus though

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.