Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car had only just been waxed and washed for tomorrow's show when it was used as a toilet for local pigeons/dodos! Honestly, I'd have struggled to unleash the quantity of **** that bird did! Anyway, I cleaned it off with hot soapy water and a jet wash but where the **** was, the paint had gone dull! I've tried using auto glym spray wax - didn't work. Tried no2 scratch restorer - didn't work! Anyone got any tips on how to restore the paint?
A lend of an air rifle would also be good!!' Vermin! Grrr:mad:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Maybe autoglym bird dropping remover and then a layer of polish again as the acid in the droppings may have removed some layers then a quick detailer? Should restore the paint again.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Might need a bit of paint correction, bird poo eats away at the clear coat and can make it dull so if you polish it then it takes that dullness away.

Always best to clean it of asap and havre a decent wax to protect against it until you can get to clean it off

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Car had only just been waxed and washed for tomorrow's show when it was used as a toilet for local pigeons/dodos! Honestly, I'd have struggled to unleash the quantity of **** that bird did! Anyway, I cleaned it off with hot soapy water and a jet wash but where the **** was, the paint had gone dull! I've tried using auto glym spray wax - didn't work. Tried no2 scratch restorer - didn't work! Anyone got any tips on how to restore the paint?
A lend of an air rifle would also be good!!' Vermin! Grrr:mad:
Bit far from me or I would come around with the rifle for you

·
Registered
41,387 Posts
get a box of Autoglym bird dropping wipes and keep them in the car, whenever you see some get rid of it as quick as you can

·
Registered
37,986 Posts
I get this problem quite a lot as my neighbour has a bird feeder which attracts the things.

Should I shoot the Pigeons or the neighbour?

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Try living near the sea symon :(

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
get a box of Autoglym bird dropping wipes and keep them in the car, whenever you see some get rid of it as quick as you can
KFC wet wipes do the same job. :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts