Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now then... The Younger Mrs S. has been properly enchanted by all the sex, murder and conspiracy that is rampant throughout the BBC's series "Versailles"... not to mention that she has also taken rather a shine to the lad Alexander Vlahos aka Prince Philippe d'Orléans and all the bedroom shenanigans viz his missus and his boyfriend. What's all that about...? :eek:

Anyhoo... she has persuaded me it would make a super road-trip to go to France for a few days, so that she can soak up a bit of culture and visit said Palace, even though the series is filmed in Vaux-le-Vicomte... as you do.

As luck would have it, I discovered that to drive into Paris, I'll need a Critter .. clean air sticker. It'll take a fortnight to arrive if I can find my V5 and apply for it immediately if not sooner.. so there is now some prospect that it will arrive in Angleterre, AFTER mon depart for Ile de France, isn't it?

Apart from I guess Les Flicks can impound my car and fine me €1 million (£68) for the offence of driving the wrong side of Le Périphérique .. what can I do? I'm intending to park in a private car-park inside the zone (since that's where the hotel is..) but after that, the beast is only going to move for the purposes of coming home. Metro and buses are okay for general travelling aboot.

So... my two questions:

1) Can I buy the sticker somewhere when I arrive in person?

2) What's the prospect of getting caught / assuming that the judge is a hanging judge and won't be sympathetic to my not having the sticker in the window - even though I might have bought one. The roundel is €10 delivered.. so it's not really about not paying for it...

Ehthenkyo..

Ralf S.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
****ing tourists, coming over here, polluting our cities. :tut:

I've not got one. Waiting for the Carte Grise with my name and address on it.
(They will only ship to the name on the logbook here.)

Not sure what the chances of being caught are.
Currently it only applies if there is an actual pollution alert.
(If I've understood correctly.)

For the money I'd take the punt and cross fingers it arrives.
You can always use it again some time.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
****ing tourists, coming over here, polluting our cities. :tut:

I've not got one. Waiting for the Carte Grise with my name and address on it.
(They will only ship to the name on the logbook here.)

Not sure what the chances of being caught are.
Currently it only applies if there is an actual pollution alert.
(If I've understood correctly.)

For the money I'd take the punt and cross fingers it arrives.
You can always use it again some time.

Aye! The sticker is valid forever. I think it's just there on the windscreen like the Star of David on the arms of hapless Jewry during the Nazi occupation... they just want to be able to spot my poor old Euro-3 compliant honker so that on smoggy days they can ban it from entering.

I'll have to dig out the V5 (not helped that I haven't completely unpacked following a house move) and see if it arrives in time... but I'm curious how "hot" the gendarmes are vs. violators. :shoot: :driving:

Ralf S.

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Nothing is happening until 1st July.

That's when they plan to start enforcing: €68 with possible vehicle immobilisation.

If I read it correctly any DERV cars older than 2001 vintage will no longer be able to
enter pollution control zones during weekdays.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah cool! :thumbs: Then I won't worry toooooo much (albeit if I cop the €68 fine it's not a complete disaster, in the overall scheme of things).

Gerrard is a 2004 Stilo JTD... :ponder: so he's a proper bad-ass as far as emissions go... but still not the worst. I think I've only driven into Paris once before, about 30 years ago.. so it's pretty much a one-off this time... and I'm only just "in" the city, since parking seems to be a case of "It's where you find it". Underground in Arr.13 in my case.. :D

Thanks for the info'.. very useful. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Merci! :thumbs: I hope the situation will have improved by a couple of weeks' time.. :eek: but on the other hand, if I stuff every last drop I can into Gerrard whilst in the UK, I should (or may!) just about be able to get there and back on the same tankful.

I dunno if the ferry companies like punters to carry filled fuel cans in the boot..? but another 5 litres of diesel is worth 50 miles which would make a single tank a goer.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
38,222 Posts
I dunno if the ferry companies like punters to carry filled fuel cans in the boot..? but another 5 litres of diesel is worth 50 miles which would make a single tank a goer.

Ralf S.
With the boot rammed full of cheap **** and lighters what could possibly go wrong? :thumbs:

·
Registered
38,346 Posts
Carrying jerry cans is verboten.

Think of the children !!! :eek:

I was filling up in Calais out and back
on the company nickel. There's a Total
just outside the ferry port.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts