Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

While looking at the 156 from underneath, I cannot imagine how on earth the rear differential and suspension is placed.
Where it should be, is the pickup point for the transverse arms, so the rear suspension has to be changed somehow ??

A few pictures please ?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
While looking at the 156 from underneath, I cannot imagine how on earth the rear differential and suspension is placed.
Where it should be, is the pickup point for the transverse arms, so the rear suspension has to be changed somehow ??
Rear suspension is a similar layout but the rear crossmember and the rest of the rear suspension is different on the Q4.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've only seen one ad for a 156 q4 on the web...ever...so you'd be really lucky if somebody has taken a picture of the underneath of one....you sure you don't mean crosswagon q4?
The only 156 Q4 IS the Crosswagon. There never was a 156Q4 like the 155Q4, sadly.
What you saw must have been a homemade one off or something like that. :)

David C; Id love to see this somehow

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
The only 156 Q4 IS the Crosswagon.
Almost.
There was the 156 Crosswagon and also a Sportwagon Q4.

If you have ePER you can see the layout on there.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Q4 is a 156 sw with 4wd. Suspension is 15mm taller.
Crosswagon is a 156 with bash guards and side sills etc and is 1 or 2 inchs taller. They look very different.

If you look on ebay it there are lots of bits for sale ( i keep looking at them and thinking conversion but that is another story) :cool: perhaps that would make it a bit clearer as to how it os different

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...( i keep looking at them and thinking conversion but that is another story) :cool: ...
This is why I am interested :)
Its a silly idea though. It will make the car heavier, it will be pretty expensive, and it will need 300HP+ to make it worth its while.

Still, a man can dream...

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
interesting this but i would spend money on KW adv3 coil over kit and eibach roll bar kit ,decent grip tyres ,make sure all your arms are tight and set up chassis and enjoy ride and whoop higher powered cars ,i just saved ya a fortune and numerous headaches :cheese:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts