Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just about to go down the route of purchasing a new head unit for my 2009 Brera.
I only have the standard audio at the moment, and it's really poor.
I'm currently spec'ing out the speakers part of my planned upgrade, but having difficulty with the head unit. I really want one that is flush with the dash when installed and looks in keeping with the rest of the interior. I've noticed a few of the Pioneer ones that people have installed seem to protrude and I think that would bother me.

So....does anyone have any recommendations, or any pictures of their Brera's with an aftermarket unit? At the moment, all I know for certain is that I want usb or sd card functionality. I'm not entirely certain if I want bluetooth\sat nav etc, but if that's what I need to buy, then I'll be easily convinced.

cheers,

·
Registered
6,454 Posts
Some pics here of mine in a 159:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/294524-pioneer-avic-f930bt-in-159-review.html

although mine is sticking out a little as I still wanted to get behind, I was initially worried about it blending in (facia colour and different shade of red illumination) but I find it suits really well :thumbs:, getting it fully pushed back was a hassle mainly because of all the cables and connectors!

I'll try and get some more pics if i get the chance

Edit: One picture, sorry its not great! IMG147.jpg

(flash on my phone really shows up defects in the aluminum! :eek: :lol:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that. that doesn't look at all bad.
think I'll have a look at that unit in the flesh at the weekend.

doubt I'll need the tv tuner though :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts