Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I arrived back late on Wednesday evening from a coach tour of Austria. Unfortunately I arrived back with an unhealthy dose of the cold so I've only now got round to posting these.

If there's enough interest I'll post up a few more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where was the first one taken :confused:
The first photo was taken on the way to Mondsee in the Salzkammergut region. I actually took this photo through the coach window which is why there is a slight haziness/blurred look to the picture.

Thanks for all the comments guys and I'll try and post a few more pics up tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Beautiful place!! :cool:

It felt nice seeing them as we have around 29ºC here at the moment!! :eek:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,213 Posts
Jon, lovely pictures. I have a romantic dream about retiring to a little mountain village in Austria. I adore mountains.

Jon, can you tell me which company you travelled with, and would you recommend them? I looked into those mountain valley tours across Europe last year, but kinda sat on it, so would be interested to hear your views.

cheers,

g

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
That first pic's pretty stunning, thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jon, lovely pictures. I have a romantic dream about retiring to a little mountain village in Austria. I adore mountains.

Jon, can you tell me which company you travelled with, and would you recommend them? I looked into those mountain valley tours across Europe last year, but kinda sat on it, so would be interested to hear your views.

cheers,

g
The company is called Travelscope. They're pretty much a budget outfit but I've been with them a few times and had few complaints. There is a lot of travelling (including an overnight stop in Germany each way) but they do provide plenty of stops along the way.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's a few more. If you look very closely in the centre of the first picture you can probably just about make out The Eagles Nest, Hitler's chalet retreat (It's a bit hard to see as I had to size the picture down quite a bit to fit the 100k limit). The picture of the chapel is the one where Maria and Captain von Trap were married in The Sound Of Music and the last pic is of me and the type of transport I'd need to trade the Alfa in for if I lived in the Austrian mountains.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts