Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, tried to PM you rich but your box is full, can you clear out some messages please :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Looks tidy but could use some colour-coded mirrors, clear side repeaters and losing those chrome strips on the grille :tut: imo.

Nice house btw :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Looks tidy but could use some colour-coded mirrors, clear side repeaters and losing those chrome strips on the grille :tut: imo.

Nice house btw :thumbs:
I quite like the grill strips and the black mirrors, :eek:

But yeah, get the clear side repeaters, they'll make it look better, :D

·
Registered
46,602 Posts
Very nice looking but get rid of that c'mon doll :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the comments people, the car is bassicly as I bought it atm tbh I hadnt even noticed the grill untill it was pointed out, I have some clear repeaters on the way atm, I am bidding on a set of 17" telesdials on ebay also and I will get mirrors done allong with the bumpers when I decide on what kit I will be having, sideing towards gta front and rear bumpers now or just a front splitter of some kind.

oh the house isnt mine unfortunatly its a property I work at.

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
thanks for the comments people, the car is bassicly as I bought it atm tbh I hadnt even noticed the grill untill it was pointed out, I have some clear repeaters on the way atm, I am bidding on a set of 17" telesdials on ebay also and I will get mirrors done allong with the bumpers when I decide on what kit I will be having, sideing towards gta front and rear bumpers now or just a front splitter of some kind.

oh the house isnt mine unfortunatly its a property I work at.
Is it silver or a silvery-blue colour? Can't really tell if its just the camera playing tricks..

Looks really nice though mate, congrats :D

Can you post up some pics of your old MG as well, I quite like them :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its metalic silver mate, will bang some pics up shortly in another topic of the mg and a few of my other rovers

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I must admit I do actually quite like the ZT (the Rover 75 one) but am less keen on the ZR and even less so on the ZS (seems to me to fill a gap that doesn't really exist!).

My neighbour has the ZT in what I guess is the MG equivalent of Stromboli Grey with 18" wheels, really does look pretty smart for what is essentially an old man Rover :p Not too keen on the interior though. It's the 190 model too so has the same power as my 156 - although I know which I'd rather have :thumbs:

·
Vendor
46,135 Posts
I must admit I do actually quite like the ZT (the Rover 75 one) but am less keen on the ZR and even less so on the ZS (seems to me to fill a gap that doesn't really exist!).

My neighbour has the ZT in what I guess is the MG equivalent of Stromboli Grey with 18" wheels, really does look pretty smart for what is essentially an old man Rover :p Not too keen on the interior though. It's the 190 model too so has the same power as my 156 - although I know which I'd rather have :thumbs:
Have you ever driven a ZS? They are very, very good handling cars, considering their heritage.. Chassis pre-tuned by Honda before Rover even got their hands on it, good springs and shocks, and only 1285kg even for the 24v V6 option.. The MG interior is plain though, I will admit.

When I had my JTD I nearly bought a Rover 400 that had had a full ZS body conversion, and under the bonnet instead of the normal 1.8 was the old Rover T-series 2.0 turbo 4-cyl, and Rover 600 Ti gearbox with LSD.. The thing was pushing out 260bhp and felt proper rapid, definitely quicker than my V6, and handled better too. In the end he sold it before I could get the cash, maybe it was a good thing as I wouldn't have loved it like I do my V6. But it was a great car. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dont get me wrong I love my rovers and my mgs and imho the zs is the best handling fwd car on the market and on track it will beat 95% of the cars in its league v6 alfas included, but the fact its based on a 20 year old car is its undoing in the end, I drove my zs 100 miles to pick up my alfa and within 20 miles of driving the 156 I realised how far behind rover had fell with its interior and features.

once the prices of the zts stabilise though I will most probably go back to mg as the zt is the only one I havent had (apart from the girly mgf) but for now I am looking foward to styling and tunning the alfa and who knows I might actualy like it that much I move onto a v6 or even a gta

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Have you ever driven a ZS?
Nah - tbh the only reason I think they fill a gap that isn't there is that the ZS, or well, the 45, is - to me - a bit of a halfway house between the 25 and 75...

I might actualy like it that much I move onto a v6 or even a gta
Everyone loves a good Alfa V6 (even if they'd never buy one!). Something you deserve to own once in your life I think!

D

·
0 Posts
Rich, it's not just Rover that fell behind the times with their interiors, alot of cars did. The Japs are awful for it.

Alfa are just EXTREMELY good designers when it comes to an interior. The Fiat Coupe and Alfa GTV are both stunning inside, and they are over a decade old design now.

Italians do it best, :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts