Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..... I'm picking up an 11' plate Giulietta Cloverleaf in 8c Red tomorrow.
Although I am excited I am also gutted to be trading in my 12' plate Abarth 500.
I love my car so much but after needing more room and of course more power I decided on the Cloverleaf.
I am so hoping I fall in love with the AF as much as The Abarth.
Really needing some re-assurance from you guys that I have done the right thing !

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hi and welcome!

Of course you've done the right thing, FIAT to AR, same group, better cars, you won't look back, oh you might, when walking away from your G after parking her up to admire her..........

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think the G looks fantastic in 8C red - it glows in the sun! Good choice :).

·
Registered
186 Posts
twinncamms, i cant believe uve dropped the ure gonna have to look back phrase already! it will happen, happy looking back

R

·
0 Posts
Wonder how the power to weight ratio's compare? Arbarth500 might be a tad quicker in the 0-60 world but you certainly won't be dissappointed with a 235hp Giulietta! Which gearbox? TCT?

·
Registered
236 Posts
The correct answer is ..............................

Both :D:D

TBH - The sane rational answer is that GQV just smashes the A500 is all aspects that count .............however if I had to choose just one of my Bellas - no question the Abarth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So picked her up today. Giulietta in 8C Red. I did look back at my little Abarth and will miss zipping around in her but the Giulietta so far just seems lovely, comfy, quick and beautiful in the 8C red when the sun is shining. I had the Abarth from new 2 years ago but the novelty has now worn off. Great to have fun in but just didn't tick all of the required boxes for my needs.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Just being curious, why are you mentioning about your plates when you talk about your cars.. Is it impotant ? (Especially british aowners)

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
The registration plate shows the year of registration and which half of the year. Therefore it shows the age of your car . I bought mine new in June 2011 and the plate contains the number 11. After August it would be 62 etc. therefore somebody can see I've owned for three years . It's typical to keep a car for three years so some may think I've just bought it recently secondhand.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What if you swap your plate with another car ? I mean In Turkey you can change your plate if you don't like it (except city number of course)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
You can buy another number plate for your car if you want however they range in price from really cheap or to be really exclusive can cost more than the car.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Wonder how the power to weight ratio's compare? Arbarth500 might be a tad quicker in the 0-60 world but you certainly won't be dissappointed with a 235hp Giulietta! Which gearbox? TCT?
It's a 2011 GQV he's picking up. Won't have a TCT and I don't think it uses the 4C engine! I maybe wrong however!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Even in Essess form the abarth is a second slower to 60 than the QV and being a 2011 model it was only available in a manual. Its a hell of an upgrade though and 8c red is a fantactic colour, good choice! And get us some pictures :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I've not long ago sold both of mine 3.2V6's. Got a G MA veloce for my missus and I was considering an abarth 500 esseesse as I've always fancied one! Went very close to get a second hand one few weeks back with the great sound delivered by the monazite exhaust but I wasn't 100% sure as we have very young kids. Anyway,I've just got now a GQV also in 8c red(haven't collected it yet but cannot wait). But I've promise myself a 500 esseesse one day

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've not long ago sold both of mine 3.2V6's. Got a G MA veloce for my missus and I was considering an abarth 500 esseesse as I've always fancied one! Went very close to get a second hand one few weeks back with the great sound delivered by the monazite exhaust but I wasn't 100% sure as we have very young kids. Anyway,I've just got now a GQV also in 8c red(haven't collected it yet but cannot wait). But I've promise myself a 500 esseesse one day
Abarths are great little cars, but there is zero room for anything. I have a teenage daughter and if her and a friend are in the back they literally fill the whole back seat. They are not the best for any sort of long distance and boot space is just not there. I had awesome fun in her but am having even more fun now with the added bonus of being in a very stunning looking, sophisticated and quick car :) subtle but powerful.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Nice work Myke - is that the one in Leeds? Let me know when you get it so I can have a nosey around ;) :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts