Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are picking up our shiney new 159ti on Thursday, it has been a long wait! :lol: It will be our first car and rather than make the envitable mistake of me filling with the wrong fuel, I want to buy a device that fits over the filler. I have seen a few in Halfords.

Can anyone recommend one / have you been using one?

Also, is there anything on the 159 I need to keep an eye out for/check when we collect? (Common issues on 1.9)

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Hi Sham - you don't need one of those things! :lol:
It says diesel around the edge of the filler ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I picked mine up (same model as yours) 2 weeks ago. My advice is check the tyres are inflated to the correct preasure. Check for marks and scratches inside and out. Do any warning lights come on and stay on? Make sure the dealer shows you how everything works, particularly Blue & Me and if pos get him to set it up for you. Between 400 and 500 miles you will see the fuel economy drop suddenly by about half for 10 mins. Don't worry, it's just the DPF cleaning itself. You could ask about the eneven tyre wear detailed on this site and ask if they are aware of the problem. If it's something that concerns you ask if they would be prepared to realign to the specs detailed in the tyre wear thread.

And finally enjoy it and the jealous looks you get from every petrol head you pass.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Have you got it yet?, have you got it yet?, have you got it yet?, have you got it yet?

:)
^^^^^What he said!!^^^^^^ :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry only usually on when in work!

YES :lol:It's brilliant and gets lots of looks in South Manchester / Sale area.

Picked it up at 5 yesterday at Mangos. Really chuffed. Nice to be drive an Alfa again.

The RX8 nearly ran out of petrol on the way! Got stuck in a jam on the M56.

Only issue I've spotted is an annoying whistle :rolleyes: above 40 with the window open. Is that the wing mirror seal? Doesnt feel as fast as the demo, but I know it'll need to loosen up and I'll need to change my driving style!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
iPhone 3g doesnt work :( playing music, even converted to mp3. to the usb cable with us.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Is that it in your profile pic? If it is, then it rubbish, rubbish colour, rubbish wheels, probably rubbish seats.
And before you ask, I am not, I repeat not, jealous of your car.:thumbs:

(Sulks away, kicking dirt.)

Glad you like, it looks gooooood

·
Registered
252 Posts
Glad you got it - was it a good handover from Mangos?

iPhone 3G won't work - its not compatible, just got get a 16GB USB Stick from amazon for £18 and leave it in the car...

I get whistling from mirrors occasionally (when driving at speeds slightly in excess of 30 mph!)

Mine is quicker now that when it arrived (941 miles so far)

Pics, we need pics!! (What am I saying, its IDENTICAL to mine!!) :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The profile pic is my last Alfa, not the new car. There as a tribute as i wrote it off!

Handover by Craig was great will upload pics from iphone over weekend. gotta go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts