Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW

So much fun to drive and just WOW been waiting for a car like this since i started driving

I even managed to hlaf install my parrot CK3100 i just need to find a way to put the LCD in the ashtray and hook the mic up

Not to clued up mechanically so will wait till i get to grips then look at getting things done

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Nice choice of Car indeed, I've had mine since new for almost 3 Years, and its been brilliant all round. Happy Motoring !!!!!!........:thumbs::)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fitted The Parrot last night and managed to scrape all the skin off my forearm(nice)
In the wee ashtray recess the mic up at the rear view mirror

Well Chuffed

Best choice i made Getting an alfa such a great car to drive and looks well smart

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nightmare

Well last thursday the 147 broke down (after 3 weeks) of owning it

I called Arnold Clark who were ever so un helpful saying i was covered to be towed in to there service centre then afrter calling the tow people who said i was not and after at least 30 phone calls to AC who refused to pick the car up they suggested i pay the £130 tow (which rthey said i was covered for)

I towed it to Kirkhill Autos (Amazingly helpful Cheers Guys)

They Discovered that the timing belt has slipped or jumped teeth or something

So Arnold clark managed to tow it from kirkhill to AC Fiat where they will be fixing it under warranty

i have never been so angry i have only had thre car 3 weeks and they messed me about saying i was covered then im not then i was then they cant tow it then they eventually did

So close to cancelling the agreement i have not even made my first payment on it yet

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Hmmm, towing costs - tricky one that. I'd recommend breakdown/recovery with RAC/AA etc, I've had it on every car I've had for the last 20 years or so after getting stranded. I now request it with whatever insurance company I go with. *Any* car can end up motionless miles from anywhere.

As for your warranty agreement with the firm you bought it from, read the small print.

Out of interest what's the age and mileage of the car and what's it's service history? The JTD is scheduled a cambelt at 72K however I shall get my GT done at the next service which will be 48K along with the water pump.

Hope all goes well for you

Pub

1 - 19 of 19 Posts