Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any tips for a nervous first time brera driver? Looks like it's going to be snowy and icy tomorrow when I collect it! Thanks in advance, jane

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
just take it easy and leave plenty of room behind the car in front. the brera is a good steady car so you should be ok. if you are very nervous, the weather is meant to be better at the weekend with higher temps and a slight thaw so perhaps waiting might be best if the weather in your area is very bad.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Has anyone got any tips for a nervous first time brera driver? Looks like it's going to be snowy and icy tomorrow when I collect it! Thanks in advance, jane
I picked mine up during that particular snowy spell we had last year :)

The weather didn't really help matters, but the Brera copes well and makes driving according to the conditions very easy. Once you have your bearings in the cabin you'll be fine :)

Congratulations on the Brera.. And remember: we need to see pictures :D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I've been really impressed with mine in the icy conditions. It hasn't put a foot wrong.

You'll be OK so long as you let the car do the work and not your right boot!

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
If your very nervous then paulmacs advice about the warmer weekend sounds good, or if bought from a garage get them to deliver it too you and wait for the thaw. Then at least you can sit in it and familiarise yourself with all the controls and tune the radio to favourite stations......:)

·
Registered
Alfa Giulietta MA 170 Exclusive
1,463 Posts
My weird brain first read the title of this thread as that it is in a block of ice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ta everyone... No, hopefully the big freeze won't mean my lovely new car will end up encased in a block of ice but you never know ... if this gets any worse! I'm fine with driving in these conditions .... but it's good to know that the brera is considered a safe set of wheels in the ice and snow! Sometimes, cars have little quirks to watch out for if you're in 'the know', which I'm not ... just yet. Will take it easy and I'll be fine. Have bought the car for it's style and looks and I'm not really a speed freak. Can't speak for my husband tho once he gets hold of it! On another subject .... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my 14 year old son will cope ok on the (thankfully rare) occasions we all go out in it together!! I'm sure he'll be ok behind me when my husband drives... Well here's hoping! (I've never been one to put practicality first when buying cars......) ho hum.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Nice to see you are aware of cars having quirks, you sound as though you will be fine......I have a test booked for a Brera with my local dealer but we both decided to wait for better weather so that I can give it a "proper" test. Wishing you many enjoyable miles in your new car.....:HAPPY:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Don't worry too much, the Brera handles excellently in the snow, even the front wheel drive versions. Just take it easy, gentle touches of the brake and accelerator only. If you do lose traction for a bit, don't freak out, relax, just lift your right foot off both brake and accelerator for a sec then try again. Obviously go a bit slower and leave good stopping distances to allow for such temporary control loss.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts