Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....and I'm still grinning from ear to ear! :D After having a Landrovers for the last fefw years its a wee bit quicker!

Will post some pics as soon as the rain clears off,

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Oooh yes, some pics in the images lounge please! :)

I love the wheels on the Ducati! :inlove:

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
Don't understand (with all that power) the Ducati has just 284mm front discs - would have thought 305mm with Brembos would not only look better through those 18s but it would stop a lot better as well. Still, they have painted the bog-standard calipers red:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Don't understand (with all that power) the Ducati has just 284mm front discs - would have thought 305mm with Brembos would not only look better through those 18s but it would stop a lot better as well. Still, they have painted the bog-standard calipers red:rolleyes:
I know what you mean.

·
Administrator
87,611 Posts

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
I know what you mean
Yep the 18s look great (the car overall looks great as well) and then you have the mingy 284mm discs and calipers looking decidedly sheepish through the spokes of the wheels. Another case of Alfa scrimping and saving on the one hand and then without scruple producing the last of the 147s a la pimp my ride to get rid of the last remaining cars?? Well done Alfa.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hi guys + gals,

tried to get some pics early, but they came out rather c**p -- I'll try again in a few minutes when I can find my decent flash gun and tripod for the camera)

the colour........ its the 8C red (and I think its better than the standard red too)

and before anyone starts, I know its a 15k paint job (apparently), but the best bit is it only cost me my entry fee to the London Motor show. Thats right I'm one of the lucky SOB that won one! See real people do win these things!

I was also really chuffed with the guys at Northgate in Canterbury, they didn't get the car to Friday evening and had it prep'd, PDI'd and registered with the DVLA by monday

Must go and take some more (and better) pics :)

Mark

T

·
0 Posts
You lucky so and so !! :)

Good luck with it, get the pics up asap :thumbs:

hi guys + gals,

tried to get some pics early, but they came out rather c**p -- I'll try again in a few minutes when I can find my decent flash gun and tripod for the camera)

the colour........ its the 8C red (and I think its better than the standard red too)

and before anyone starts, I know its a 15k paint job (apparently), but the best bit is it only cost me my entry fee to the London Motor show. Thats right I'm one of the lucky SOB that won one! See real people do win these things!

I was also really chuffed with the guys at Northgate in Canterbury, they didn't get the car to Friday evening and had it prep'd, PDI'd and registered with the DVLA by monday

Must go and take some more (and better) pics :)

Mark

·
Administrator
87,611 Posts
Nice, where's the sport button to unleash the demons !!! :lol:
Where the ASR button is in yours, under the handbrake. It's a red button :cool:

Stunning car btw :cool: Pity it's not white :p

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congrats on getting a 147 Ducati...even bigger Congrats on it being free!

So did you have a 147 before diesel or petrol? Interested to know how much different the car is with the extra cavali?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts