Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to Meridian Milano Bournemouth for such a professional service. Car was in the middle of the showroom enclosed in a red Alfa cloth cover. Such a contrast with VW, when they could barely be arsed to hand me the keys to my GTi.

Having driven down in my employees 1.8 TDCi Focus going for px, and getting straight into the 159 made the Ford seem like a pile of rubbish which, of it's type it's not, but it shows the quality of the Alfa.

Drive back through wind and rain to East London. The ploughed field that passes for the M3 showed just how fantastic the ride is. I'd say perfect for me. It's one of the car's best points. Those 19"ers just obliterate ridges and small holes, though they are noisy.

Intrusive and odd wind noise and a loud whistle from around the driver's mirror at welll above the limit. That will have to be sorted. Also a zizz from under the dash top when pushing the engine. I'm not looking forward to taking to a local dealer for any issues, as I can't imagine them being very interested in a car they didn't supply. Oh well. I wanted that one.

The car is superb though. No rocket, but quick enough and I'm sure it will open up with time. 31mpg, which wasn't too scary, though I doubt I'll manage that in my 26 mile commute. It is the best sounding diesel I have ever heard. I've never experienced one I'd even want to red line, but do this one.

And the Alfa red looks fantastic.

OK, so there's a couple of little issues, but they fade into insignificance the second I look at it. And I can't take my eyes off it. It's my 25th consequtive car and first Alfa. I'm beginning to understand the experience already :D

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Sounds nice - Dealer should sort issues out ok as it is money for them, they do the work and Alfa reimburse them. Sounds like you have the windscreen ratttle.

26 mile commute should be ok for 31+ mpg. I get around that on my 7 mile commute without too much effort.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great choice.... we need pics, they are mandatory!!

Red is the best colour for sure, I got my black 1.9 Ti yesterday, and whilst I love it, the red ones (especially with tan leather) are the best combo I think

I get the whistle from the drivers mirror too, will need to find out how to sort it

Well done on joining the Alfa club, its about time after 25 cars!! (am on 3rd Alfa now :) :) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts