Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

After a bit of a wait the red devil is out on the driveway, looks nice next to my Lemans.
The collection was not as impressive as I thought it would be.
First off, a couple of deep scratches on the drivers door well, inside. I fail to see how they could have been missed, so not too sure of the competence of the alfa miantenance people. We have to take it back to get it fixed, so again not overly happy there.
Also, we paid extra for the heated front windscreen, which may have been a mistake, as we can't find it on the vehicle and there are no instructions in the handbook. The salesman couldnt identify it either, so again this sends me misgivings. Does anyone out there know if there is a means of operating this function?
Hopefully the experience will improve, though I doubt if the dealer will get any further visits from us, as I don't trust their mekaniks (sic).

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hi

After a bit of a wait the red devil is out on the driveway, looks nice next to my Lemans.
First off, a couple of deep scratches on the drivers door well, inside. I fail to see how they could have been missed, so not too sure of the competence of the alfa miantenance people. We have to take it back to get it fixed, so again not overly happy there.
Also, we paid extra for the heated front windscreen, which may have been a mistake, as we can't find it on the vehicle and there are no instructions in the handbook. The salesman couldnt identify it either, so again this sends me misgivings. Does anyone out there know if there is a means of operating this function?
Hopefully the experience will improve, though I doubt if the dealer will get any further visits from us, as I don't trust their mekaniks (sic).
Bad crack i must say and i hate to be the one to tell you this but the front windscreen isnt heated! Its just the wiper bladess or something, total bollock from what ive read on here! Other people have already posted regarding this issue.:mad:

·
Registered
200 Posts
You simply get a heated wiper blade area so your wipers dont freeze to your windscreen as mentioned before Ford own the rights to the whole heated front screen thing so no one else gets a look in :(

B

·
0 Posts
As it's not anything in the same league as the Ford Quick Clear system, I'd hazard a guess that it'll come on when you hit the heated rear window button much like heated mirrors do.

If it's poor or the dealer can't even tell if it's fitted, just tell them that it's not on there and you want your money back for the option.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I have the heated screen and the salesman said you do know its not fully heated like the ford ones......i said i did'nt when I ordered it but I dod find that out in a forum....he told me when you switch on the rear screen it also activates a small heated area where the wippers park and heats the blades and also the washer jets.......going to have to wait till winter to see if it turns out to be any use or if i wasted the dosh on it

Report this post

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me, when salesmen don't know thier product.

When we get a new model or variant in, I go over every aspect.

I once looked a right muppet when I couldnt find the dip stick on a new Grand Vitara Diesel. Turns out its on the filler cap. From that day forward, I know everything about the car I am selling and espaecially at handover.

Its the attention to detail that made our dealership Suzuki dealer of the year this year and No 1 for 6 months in Nissan Customer Satisfaction tables.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So how come you can get a heated screen in a Mini?
Didn't know you could :) someone on this site explained at length that Ford apparently owned the tech rights to it maybe other car companies have to pay a hefty price to use their tech ??? :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi

Pity about your issues, it's a pain when you are spending so much on a vehicle to have issues like these when you first pick up your car.

On the other hand where are the pics of the new car!!!:confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not much help to you now but I see the online config toy now refers to the option as 'heated lower windscreen' which is a bit of a departure from previously...

Steve

·
Registered
309 Posts
O your issues does seem quite upsetting... :(
Im supposed to collect my car during the weekends (well, they said hopefully) and I hope I dont hve these problems........ if I do I dno wt I'll do!! What you just said makes me worry that somethings gna be wrong with my car..... Really hope theres nothing wrong with my collection... no scratches...no missed out extras.... everything works properly...

Anywayz, I hope u found a way to resolve ure problem! (Taking/taken it to the dealers?)
:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi
I immediately informed the dealer of our disappointment, and what our expectatins look like. As is, they are supplying a touch up pen to ensure the base coat is covered and protected, they will then undertake to return the vehicle to its correct standard on its first service.
As regards its maintenance program, I have left them with my expectations of what 'service' looks like. I did express my opinion of their "technicians" that undertook the PDI, as their eyesight obviously needs opthalmic attention.
With respect to the heated screen, I did notice that the uk site has amended it's description of the option to lower screen only, and also that one can only have this option if the heated washer jets are ordered too, well we did not order these, so it may be interesting to see if the complete pack has been supplied. Apparrently, if one looks very carefully, the elememt can be seen in the screen. No one knows how it operates though........

Here's hoping the rest of the ownership experience exceeds expectations - they are rather high!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Didn't know you could :) someone on this site explained at length that Ford apparently owned the tech rights to it maybe other car companies have to pay a hefty price to use their tech ??? :rolleyes: :lol:
My Caterham Seven has a fully heated windscreen (standard fitment on all Caterhams) - can't imagine them paying much of a royalty to use it :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
Actually - maybe the fact that the config tool descritpion has changed works in your favour. Maybe it means they've realised the original description was a bit misleading. When I was considering a MiTo I certainly thought that the original description meant a fully-heated front window and would probably have ordered it on that assumption.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
With respect to the heated screen, I did notice that the uk site has amended it's description of the option to lower screen only, and also that one can only have this option if the heated washer jets are ordered too, well we did not order these, so it may be interesting to see if the complete pack has been supplied. Apparrently, if one looks very carefully, the elememt can be seen in the screen. No one knows how it operates though........
my salesman told me at handover it switches on with the rear screen which also activates the heated mirrors

Actually - maybe the fact that the config tool descritpion has changed works in your favour. Maybe it means they've realised the original description was a bit misleading. When I was considering a MiTo I certainly thought that the original description meant a fully-heated front window and would probably have ordered it on that assumption.
Which is why I ordered it as I thought it was like my old Ford one, however even though it was described as heated and now only partly heated I am not too upset with the cost unless of course it turns out to be US when winter comes then I will :rant: at AR!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts